Ch.16 One Shot

You've been sparing with Jean for about 2 hours with a small break in between. Both of you quite breathless.

Jean stares at you intently.

You stare back at him just the same.

Both of your hands collides into each other, it was a test of speed and strength.

"What is this. They've been going at each other for quite awhile, not even changing partners..."Reiner stands there watching, as the two of you struggles.

Connie sighs with his arms crossed over his chest. " Reiner, it's called a lovers quarrel"

Sasha chews on a potato as she watches, almost spitting out her food as she laughs along with Connie.

"We're not lovers!!" The both of you shout simultaneously. Jean squishes your cheeks with one hand, trying to get you away from him, as you try to swing some punches at him.

" Damn you Jean, using your height as an advantage." your fingers curl around his arm that held you far apart from him.

" If I don't, you look like you're about to kill me!" His grip tighten around your cheek.

Your eyes glistened, as you call out to Sasha, "Sasha!"

" Hai~" she bite down hard on her potato, holding it in her mouth. Speedily skids across the ground, Sasha kneels down and held out both of her hands placing them on top of one another.

Jean raises an eyebrow, "What are you doing?!"

You step one foot onto Sasha's hands, giving you a lift off the ground. Without further a do, you swing your legs up, locking it to Jean's neck. Using his firm stature, you twist your body around. Freeing your face from his hands, you grab his arm.

"Wait..this move" Connie mutters as he and Reiner stands there a in awe.

Jean coughs, " let go" he repeatly pats on your leg lock around his neck as you pull on his arm. You loosen your grip,getting down from Jean's shoulder and landing on the dirt ground.

You grin up triumphally, only to meet a pair of very intimidating eyes.

Your eyes widen, a slight awkward laugh slipping from your parted lips as you stare into the eyes of Keith Shadis.

His large hands comes downing onto the top of your head, squeezing your temples. "Seems like your days off was ......worth it."

Keith lets go of your head. "I hope you've been keeping up the good work even after the expedition. And as promised by Commander Erwin, the team that found cadet ____, will be rewarded."

You hear some unsatisfied muttering in the background. Keith whip his head toward the direction of the small voices talking among themselves. His dark circles, couldn't be any darker.

Their faces fear stricken as they see Keith making his way toward them.

"Is there something you want to say." Keith questions.

The guy quickly shook his head.

"Really, I thought I heard something about unfairness. Would you care to explain, what's so unfair about them winning?" Keith's index finger dramatically points toward the three standing on the side.

The guy frowns, " I..I just thought if I've known that we can go off the cliff like that. I might have won.."

Keith stares down at him in detest, " So you could think. Then why don't you jump off that cliff. If you have the guts, that is."

The guy stutters, "I can try.."

Keith grins demoniclly, "Try.Try you say? You don't try you dumbass. You do it! Got that?!"