Ch 14 New Journey

The raven haired youth then waved off that particular news, seeing as he already thought off asking in advance before making his trek towards home. "That's good to hear professor Oak but I already made sure to ask everything I needed to know about my challenge from mr. Goodshow himself. And although I'm pretty stoked with getting a chance to battle the elite four and Cynthia right away, I told him I'll postpone my challenge for now so I could train more."

Ash then clenched his fists in frustration as he recalled the second half of the Sinnoh league finals. "Almost losing against to Tobias was an eye-opener to say the least. As much as I hate to admit it, I haven't been doing my job as a trainer that well. It was at the back of my mind after he managed to equalize the score and even later when Tobias completely turned it around in his favor for a moment..."

The pride of Pallet town then straightened his back a bit more as a determined gleam shone through his brown eyes. "I realized there was a huge power imbalance in my team. I need to find a balance with training my new Pokemon and the veteran members of my squad as well. That's why I did what I had to do. I know being a champion isn't what makes a Pokemon master entirely, but I've got a feeling that it's the right path on becoming one! I refuse to let down my friends who share the same dream with me! We're definitely gonna win against Cynthia and the rest!"

Meanwhile, Professor Oak couldn't help but smile proudly towards the much younger man before him. 'Well who knew? I'm proud of you my boy. You've certainly came a long way ever since the start of your journey huh Ash?'

Clearing his throat, the much older male then decided to switch the subject back on track. "So where do you plan to go for your little training trip Ash? Are you planning to redo the league here in Kanto? Johto? Hoenn, maybe?"

Ash then shook his head in response as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head once more. "Ahaha. I'm actually having trouble deciding where to go...although a change of scenery wouldn't hurt. You know me professor, I love going to new places. New places means new challenges and even cooler in my opinion, new Pokemon!"

Professor Oak then snapped his fingers and was quick to open up another file in his tablet. The picture showed a young man in a lab coat who looked to be about the same age as the raven haired youth's mother. "I think I know just the place Ash! Remember my colleague, professor Sycamore? He's also the regional professor for the Kalos region. As an added bonus, you might be able to learn more about mega evolution as well! I heard from Augustine that their region's strongest trainers have a complete and total mastery of this particular phenomena! Incredible isn't it?"

Ash's brown eyes were practically gleaming with unrestrained joy and excitement from just hearing all the info about his next destination. "Oh man that sounds awesome! Please tell me the new league season for Kalos is starting or about to start? Those trainers have got to be competing and I want a shot in battling with them!"

Seeing the much older male nod was enough for Ash to let out a loud joyous whoop into the air. "Then it's settled! Kalos here we come! How about it Pikachu? Are you ready to take on the Kalos region by storm?"

"Pi-Pikachu!"