plane tings

an// hey everyone! thanks so much for all the love on my story, it means a lot:) anyways, this one shot takes place on the plane ride back from kaycees birthday Hawaii trip. in this story, Sean has yet to tell kaycee about his feelings towards her.

thanks again guys! don't forget to vote and comment!

happy reading:)

-----------------------------------------------------

it was hour 2 of the 5 hour flight home, and we were exhausted. Kaycee, Tahani and I had spent a week in Hawaii celebrating the weirdos birthday. It was one of the best weeks of my life, spending time with Tahani, who was like my little sister, and with Kaycee... There aren't enough words to describe her. I cant believe how much she's accomplished in only 16 years, she has helped me achieve so much... she brought out the best in me.

"This is so funny!" kaycee exclaimed, snapping me out of my thoughts, laughing at the camera, watching the airplane choreography video we had just shot for Tahani's youtube channel. It was Kaycees idea, that was another thing I loved about her. No matter who watched, who judged, who said hurtful things, she always did what she loved and never apologized for it. Kaycee handed the camera back to Tahani, who was sitting on the other side of me. She looked on the small screen in front of her, "UGHHH still three more hours!" she whined. I smiled to myself, why was she so cute??

"I have some movies downloaded on my phone if you guys wanna watch," I said to the girls. They both agreed and I opened my phone to a movie I knew they would like, Beauty and the Beast.

"Yes! I love this movie!" Tahani said excitedly,

"Me too!" kaycee agreed, both of them laughing at their similarity. Tahani and Kaycee were pretty much sisters, sometimes spending weeks at a time together . They laughed at the same things, liked the same music and had the same friends. I shook my head at the two girls and pressed play.

A little while into the movie I could see that kaycee was getting tired, she kept moving around, trying to get comfortable in her small airplane seat, failing miserably. Trying to help, I raised the arm rest that was in between our seats, she immediately fell into my side. We both tensed momentarily before slowly easing into the position. We stayed there for a while, and I could tell that she was trying not to fall asleep, her head nodding off every once in a while. I turned my head so my mouth was right next to her ear and softly whispered

"its ok kayc," this was all the permission she needed as she lowered her head to my shoulder as I placed my arm around her. I smiled, enjoying the feeling of her in my arms, it didn't happen very often, but when it did, I loved it. I made her feel safe, even if she didn't feel the same way I felt about her, it didn't matter, I cared about her. She was the most important person in my life, she lit up my life, with only a smile. She amazed me in everything she did, always putting in 110% no matter the task, always inspiring me to be better. I was suddenly shook out of my thoughts by a questioning voice.

"You have to tell her Lew." Tahani said, looking at me with a stern face.

"tell her what?" I asked, already knowing her response.

"you love her, don't you Sean?" she asked, gesturing to the sleeping kaycee in my arms.

"She doesn't feel the same way Tahani," I protested "It would just wreck things..."

"You're blind aren't you?" she laughed, "she looks at you like you're the only thing in the room Sean." I was speechless, that couldn't be true, kaycee doesn't like me.

I looked at the sleeping angel in my arms and smiled, she had moved from my shoulder and her head was now in my lap. I ran my hands through her curls. "She can't." it pained me to say it, fully believing the one thing that I wanted most I could never have.

"Sean, you two already act like a couple, everybody sees it, ", I knew that a lot of people wished me and her were a couple, hell, even I did! I post about her on social media, bake her cakes, and am always there for her, Ive tried to make my feelings apparent, but kaycee doesn't notice, through her innocence and her naivety. I wish I could tell her, so badly I wish I could tell her. But I can't, I can't lose her, id rather be stuck in this state of longing then live without her.

"I know," I said, switching my view towards tahani, "but I can't risk it."

Tahani just shook her head and went back to the movie. I laid my head back against the seat as I continued playing with kaycees gorgeous hair. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine that kaycee did like me back, that she wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with her.

She was the light in a dark room, the island in the middle of the sea, the break in the clouds, the rainbow after a storm. Kaycee was everything to me and i couldn't lose her, losing her would mean losing the best part of me.

__________________
an// hope you guys liked this one! i'm sorry if there's any mistakes, i didn't have time to edit it :p, also sorry this ones kinda short, i'm planning on making the next few longer!:) leave your thoughts in the comments!!