the way to a girls heart (1)

an// ok! im back!

this might be bad, but thats ok! im out of practice and ill get better:)

-happy reading:)

------------------------------

"JULIAN!" Sean yelled from the kitchen table at his roommate who was standing in front of the stove, spoon in hand. "I've already told you four times to get away from the soup dude."

"cmon' man, I'm starving." the boy replied, an exasperated sigh leaving his lips.

"Nope," Sean stated, quickly flipping through the piles of paper sitting in front of him. It was the first week of the semester and he already had an unimaginable amount of work to do.

"we need to get you laid bro," he said, shaking his head at the boy surrounded in homework. Sean looked up at him suddenly, a perplexed and annoying look on his face.

"what does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, it's been a whole year and a week of college and you, to my knowledge, have never even spoken to a girl here."

"well I'm sorry I want something real, unlike you and your eighty flings." sean rolled his eyes, returning to his work. Julian chuckled softly, moving from the stove over to sit in the chair across from him.

"in all seriousness man, I really just want you to find someone who makes you happy, but you're never going to find anyone if you sit in the dorm 24/7. For pete's sake, its 11pm and you're sitting here making soup and doing homework. The perfect girl isn't just going to knock on the door." 

Sean laughed lightly, knowing that his friend only wanted what's best for him, just like he had for the past 10 years that he'd known him.

"i know jules, i just-" sean started, but was cut off by a soft knock coming from the thick wood of the front door. The two boys looked quickly at each other, minds racing.

"i swear to god-" julian edged as sean stood. He turned the knob gently, wondering who would be knocking on their door so late. His eyes widened as he pulled it open, revealing a girl, standing in an oversized hoodie and an anxious look in her eyes, holding a small stack of books. 

"hi-" the girl said, being cut off by Julian, who had come up behind sean to see who was at the door. 

"IM A GENIUS LEW." he yelled in his friend's ear, causing the girl to jump slightly, a little smile of amusement and confusion growing on her face. "hi. im julian, pleasure to meet you." he said, now calmer, extending his hand out to their visitor.

"kaycee," she replied quietly, shaking his hand. 

"im sean." he laughed nervously, reaching up to scratch the back of his head. "whats up?"

"I was wondering... if it's not too much trouble, and it's fine if you say no..." she started, her gaze falling to her feet.

"kaycee," sean said gently, making her eyes move up to meet his. "whats up?"

"can i sleep on your couch?" she asked sweetly, her hand running up and down on her upper arm. "i live down the hall, its just that my roommate and her boyfriend are really loud, and i-" 

"that's totally fine," sean smiled at her, causing her to mimic him, an obvious tension in her shoulders disappearing. 

"ya! cmon' in girl! sean was just making some soup." Julian laughed, moving back in order to allow the girl to come in.

"what? why?" kaycee giggled, looking over at sean as he walked to the stove, stirring the pot. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "we were hungry."