new york pt.2

an// were back! nyc part 2! I hope you guys like this one!

-happy reading:)

_____________________________

kaycees pov:)

i hadn't remembered falling asleep in my bed, but i was there when i had woken up in the morning. the last thing i could recall from the night before was sitting on the balcony with him. it seemed too perfect to be real, admiring my favourite city with my favourite person. we had watched the flashing lights, the busy people, and the excitement that was always present here. my head on his chest, his arms around me, it seemed like a dream.

i opened my eyes to the stark white sheets that lined my bed, stretching my arms up above my head. yawning, i rubbed my eyes and pulled the sheets off my body. the cold of the morning air hit my legs, leaving goosebumps along my skin. Just as soon as i started moving towards the bathroom to fix my mess of hair, a soft knock came from the door that separated me from him.

"kayc?" i heard sean whisper, "are you up?"  i walked over to the door, opening the barrier, and there he was, standing in front of me, a smile on his face. "morning" he said softly, brushing a bit of my hair behind my ears. "you look gorgeous." my face warmed from the blush that appeared.

"my hairs a mess, i just woke up." i argued, hiding my face in the sleeves of my sweater.

"i love it like that, it's perfect." he protested, moving my hands away from my face. my heart raced at this new level of intimacy between us. sean had told me i was beautiful before, but it was always exaggerated, and usually over social media, so i never took it seriously, but here he was, alone with me, and telling me i was gorgeous.

"you ready for breakfast?" i asked him, trying to shake the new feeling out of my body.

"yep!" he replied, giving me a big grin. "i heard there's an amazing buffet downstairs!"

"ok, can you give me 5 minutes to get ready?" i asked him, taking a few steps backwards, allowing him into my room.

"alright," he said, jumping onto my bed and pulling out his phone. I moved towards my suitcase, pulling out the clothes i would wear until our show tonight. in the bathroom i quickly brushed my hair and curled my eyelashes, being too lazy to put any makeup on. i opened the door to find sean in the same spot i had left him in, draped across my bed, scrolling through his phone. seeing as he hadn't really noticed me i snuck up slowly towards him, being careful not to draw attention to myself. i jumped onto the bed, tackling him and grabbing his phone.

"whatcha looking at mr lew?" i asked jokingly, laughing at him as he struggled for his phone. I looked down to see that he was on instagram, looking at edits of the two of us.

"kayc, give that back." he said, trying to grab his phone. i was silent as i watched the videos on the screen, compilations of our videos, classes, performances, all put together with music. they were beautiful, showing some of my favourite moments with sean. after the short video ended, i looked down to the caption.

these two were made to be together.

i looked up at sean, his eyes already searching mine for a reaction.

"why are you looking at these?" I asked, utterly confused. I had seen these videos, sure, but I had never really watched them. They only portrayed something that I knew could never be true, it hurt too much.

"I've been watching them for a while now." he said nervously, looking down trying to hide his face from me. "this is how the world sees us kayc, and its beautiful." he wouldn't meet my eyes. I placed my hand on his cheek, I felt his weight as he leaned into the touch.