new york pt.1

an// long time no see! sorry for the wait but im back with a new chapter! this ones based off of kaycee and Seans trip to New York in September:)

-happy reading:)

___________________________

seans pov:)

The warm breeze hit my face as i exited the cab that had dropped me off at my hotel. i took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of new york. some people said it stank, but i could only smell the opportunity and excitement. I was here for a charity event to support dancers against cancer, it was a great cause and i was so glad to be a part of it. I stepped into my hotel and walked to the front desk.

"Hi, i'm here to check in." i said with a smile.

"Alright! welcome to new york! can i ask your name?" the concierge asked.

"It should be under Sean lew." i replied

"lew... found it!" she exclaimed, handing me a key card. "you'll be on floor 6, room 8."

"thank you so much." i said, placing a tip in the box sitting on top of the counter. Everyone always comments on the rudeness of New Yorkers, but they're just like everyone else, if you're kind to them, they often return it. Walking over to the elevator, my phone buzzed, looking down i saw it was Kaycee.

kayc:)

Lew!!

What's up rice??

when are you getting here?

what do you mean? i thought you were flying in tomorrow morning.

my classes ended early in chicago and i caught an earlier flight!! I'm in my hotel room:)!

I'm just on the elevator! You're room is next to mine right?

yep, floor 6, room 9

k see you in 2

~~~
i put my phone in my pocket as the elevator doors opened to level 6. turning right down the hall, walking quicker than I had been previously until I came to my room. Kaycee and I's rooms were set up in a way so that there was a door inside, interconnecting the two, allowing both of us access to the other.

i threw my luggage on the bed of the luxurious hotel room the event had booked for me, and threw open the door that separated me and my weirdo.
"KAYCEE!" i yelled, picking her up by the waist and spinning her around. "I AM SO FRICKIN PROUD OF YOU!!!" she laughed as i set her back down. "you taught 3 SOLD OUT classes kayc! you're a superstar!"

"sean, it's not that big a deal, it was just a few classes." she said, trying to downplay her big accomplishment.

"your first classes! that's a big deal kayc!" i added, not allowing her to make less of the achievement. "how was it? teaching i mean." we sat down on her bed, and i could see the excitement from her weekend break through.

" it. was. incredible sean!" she said, beaming. "now i get why you love it so much, it feels amazing to help people achieve things and to inspire them." 

I smiled at her words, she was now inspiring people in the way i always knew she could, she could tell stories like no one is ever met, relating to people, and helping through hard times, just as she had with me. Kaycee has been working on her own choreography for awhile now, always nervous about putting it out there, always asking for my opinion. i always told her to find herself in her choreography, to create something that had meaning to her. And now, after months or trial and error, frustrated calls at 2 am, and finally success, she'd done it, and i was so incredibly proud.
~~~