I can't live if you hate me

an// sorry for the late update, lives been really hectic but I wanted to put something up. so heres a mess of a one shot, i'm sorry for the terrible writing you're about to read:)

_________________________

"kayc. try again." he said, looking sternly at the girl across from him. they were rehearsing for their performance on the season finale of w.o.d season 3 in the ballroom of their hotel. the duet had been asked to make a guest appearance, seeing how popular they had been during their season. 

The small girl stood up, her head pounding, her legs wobbly. they had been practicing for hours and Sean had been working her harder than ever. she took a deep breath, fighting through the fatigue that was filling her head, walking over to where Sean stood.

"we have to get this lift tonight." he said, his tone was cold, the pressure getting to him. Kaycee knew how he was when he got stressed like this, it had happened plenty of times during their run on the show, but she had never seen him like this...

kaycee took her position, Sean counting them in. she jumped, her body wrapping around sean's shoulder, as he flipped her. She had never been scared to do lifts with Sean, she was always 100% sure that he would be there to catch her, even if it meant he got hurt instead, but she wasn't sure where his head was at at this moment. Seans arms slipped on her legs, sending her to the ground, she hit the floor hard, causing her to wince in pain, her already pounding head began to throb. 

"ow Sean." she spoke, softly. she watched him stand there, his hands running through his hair, not even bothering to ask if she was alright.

"again kaycee." he said.

"are you even going to see if i'm alright?" she said, tears welling in her eyes, she wasn't sure if it was from the pain of the fall or from the coldness she was feeling from her best friend.

"why can't you do the lift kaycee? its a simple trick, we've done it before, you should be able to do this in your sleep!" he was pacing now, shouting at the small heap of a girl, still curled in a ball on the floor, willing her tears not to spill out.

"maybe its because we've been in this garage for hours! i heaven eaten since 8 this morning and my head is pounding!" she sat up, her emotions grew as she felt her face soak in her tears

"you have to work hard to make it in this industry kaycee! you'll get no where if you stop every time you're tired." he yelled at her, all of his stress coming out. he knew he shouldn't shout at her, he knew how much she struggled with criticism, but the pressure of this performance was too much for him.

She just looked at him, her mouth open. she couldn't believe him, how could he say that she didn't work hard, he knew how much she valued his opinion, and how much she trusted him, but there he was, yelling at her. she rose to her feet as the sobs came, taking a few steps backwards before running out of the room, returning to the hotel room her mother had gotten for her. she held back her cries the best she could, but as soon as the door shut behind her, she crumpled. her back against the door of the cool door, her head resting on her knees.

~~~

"shit." he said, sinking to his knees. he had dropped her. he had never once in their partnership dropped her, he had her complete trust, which had been hard for kaycee to give, as she had had bad experiences with partners before him. he couldn't believe he had yelled at her, kaycee, the most important girl in his life. the hardest working, most inspiring and best partner he had ever found, and he had probably just wrecked it. how dare he call her lazy, he knew he had been working them too hard, and he had taken out his anger on her. 

Sean pounded his fist on the floor, racking his brain on what to do. he had made her cry, and that broke his heart, he was the cause of her pain, tears forming in his eyes at the thought. he stood up, and chased after the girl who had left moments before.

~~~

"kayc?" Sean said, knocking lightly on her door, praying she would answer. "i'm so fricking sorry kayc. I don't know what got into me." his voice was thick as he held back his tears. he waited a few moments, listening carefully to the girl on the other side of the door, he could hear her sobs, his heart breaking more and more every time.

"please let me in kaycee. I need to make sure you're ok." at this, he heard her voice, it was strained from crying.

"no i'm not okay Sean." her voice broke as she said his name. "go away."

"im not leaving until you let me in, I need to apologize to your face, not a door." he rested his forehead against the door, fist above his head. silence came from the room. "kaycee please.." he said, his tears spilling out, so angry at himself for hurting her, something he promised himself he would never do.

Sean heard her quiet footsteps come towards the door, a few seconds passed before he heard the click of the lock before she pushed open the barrier. Her face was red and puffy from crying, tears still falling as Sean wrapped her in a hug. He breathed in her strawberry scent as he held her.

"im so sorry kaycee, i'm so fucking sorry." he chanted quietly over and over. kaycee was tense in his grasp, her arms stuck to her sides.

"you dropped me." she said softly, her voice cracking as a sob came. she broke from his grasp, sinking to the floor. sean's heart broke as he dropped to meet her, taking her hands in his. he leaned his fore head against hers, as tears fell down both of their faces. 

"I hate myself for that kaycee, I know how hard it was for you to trust me, and I can't believe that I've broken it." Sean took a deep breath, failing miserably to compose himself. "ill do anything to repair it kayc. I can't live if you hate me. I love you too much" his hands rested themselves on each side of her face. for the first time, her eyes looked up to meet his, her brain trying to comprehend his last line. they looked into each others eyes for what seemed like hours, getting lost in each other.

"I could never hate you Sean, no matter how many times you drop me, no matter how many times you yell at me." she said quietly,her last few tears slipping out.

"that doesn't give me the right to do those things though." he whispered, their foreheads still connected. "and I swear that ill be more patient, and that I won't take my stress out on you, because you deserve better than that." he spoke with complete seriousness, as if making an vow to her that he would never break.

kaycee leaned her lips to meet his, brushing against him, he tasted like salt. Sean immediately moved her head gently, pushing her against him, deepening the kiss. it was instant, desperate, more like a tumble off a cliffs edge than anything else. they poured their emotions into each other, the tension from the day released into the kiss.

against the darkness of the hotel room, the chill of the air. the two burned brighter than ever, at last fitting together how they were always meant to. 

_______________________

an// wow if you made it this far, I congratulate you! i'm not really pleased with how this turned out, but i'm gonna post it anyways...

im going to try and update more frequently on here as life become less hectic.

QOTD: what kind of one shots do you want me to write? leave some ideas in the comments for my writers blocked mind please!

-Tanks for reading:)