mesmerized

ok this is short and sweet, but i wanted to try and write again. sorry for not doing this enough, i would say that id post more, but i probably wont... oh well.

enjoy anyways:)

_____________________

the wind blew lightly through her hair as he admired her, rustling it back like the sail of a boat; a symbol of ease and hope amongst Sean's mind of doubt. The sand felt cool against his fingertips as he ran through it gently, turning his gaze back out to the open water in front of them. The waves rolled in, their small white tops outshining their otherwise dark surroundings, only being beat by the bright stars that shone above.

"it's beautiful out tonight," she said, barely above a whisper.

"magical." he returned, softer still. as if he was consciously aware that their voices could break the air.

the music playing from the small speaker seated between them changed, a light hum escaping, causing Kaycee to smile gently.

"I love this song."

sean, in a fluid motion, moved to his feet.

"Can I have this dance?" he asked, extending his hand.

"Sean, I don't know how," she sighed, a defeated laugh filling the air.

Sean scoffed, raising his eyebrow. "so you're saying, the incredibly talented Kaycee rice doesn't know how to slow dance?"

Her gaze fell to the sand below her, "well, no ones ever asked me before..."

seans hand moved to fit under her chin, lifting it to meet his eyes. he gave her a soft smile, growing it wider when she copied his expression. He took her two hands in his own and pulled her to her feet,

"Well, then its time I changed that."

she giggled quietly as he moved her arms to wrap around his neck, his own resting on her waist. He swayed them side to side, mimicking the roll of the waves just inches from their toes. he watched sadly as the girl ducked her head from him, dropping her face from view.

"kayc," he whispered, forcing the hazel eyes he loved back up to him. "I don't know how you cant see how beautiful you are."

"stop it sean..." she protested, her cheeks becoming the brighter than the stars.

"I am positively mesmerized by you Kaycee Rice."

she giggled softly, hugging him, placing her head in the spot where his neck met his shoulder.

he hummed contently, wrapping his arms tighter around her waist, breathing deeply into her hair, the smell of saltwater and strawberries filling his lungs.

"ok, ready for the spin?" he teased her, poking her ribs gently, causing her to squirm in his grasp. she laughed, nodding her head.

Sean grabbed one of her hands, spinning her out an away from him, before pulling back. kaycees face lit up with amusement, her curls flying around her like a halo.

"now the dip," he said, leaning forward towards her as she bent back, and just as quickly as she had gone down, she snapped back into place, much closer to him than before.

their eyes were unwaveringly stuck on each other, inches apart. a loose strand of hair fell in between them. Sean moved his free hand to tuck it back behind her ear, coming ever so slightly closer with the movement. From this close, her eyes looked like a forest, full of life and energy, a constant wave of ease and serenity.

"hey" he breathed out with a smile, his mind filled with the girl before him.

"hey" she exhaled, her eyes flickering to his lips and back, something that wouldn't have been noticeable to anyone but him.

sean moved closer still, closing the distance. their lips brushing lightly, like the wing of a colourful butterfly. They kissed slowly, gingerly, wanting the moment to last a lifetime.

there they were, a sky of wonder and joy, above a world of curiosity. and in that moment, as his foreheads rested against hers, that the universe had started orbiting around them.