wish come true

an// heeeyyyyy guys, one shot time! This one is set during kaycees 17th birthday! I won't say anymore cause I don't wanna give anything away, but trust me, this one will make your heart swoon.

also, sorry about the spelling/grammar if its bad. Its late, but wanted to post this before I went to sleep:)

-happy reading:)

_______________________________

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", I woke up with a start, searching for the source of the noise, only to find my family staring back at me.

"aghhhhh, you scared me!" I yelled, flopping back onto my pillow.

"but its your birthday!" my brother, devon, replied. "your 17th birthday!"

"I know, I know..." I said rolling out of bed, laughing at the excitement of my family.

"we love you sweetie," my mom said as I walked over to give them a hug, my parents first, and then Devon and Kylie. They motioned for me to follow them downstairs to the kitchen, giggling to each other excitedly. As I stepped down onto the main floor, my mouth opened. The whole house was covered with decorations: birthday signs, streamers, balloons and so much more.

"OH MY GOD GUYS!" I exclaimed, hugging my family once again. I am so thankful for them, they always support me and they always push me to be the best I can be. I don't know what I would do without them.

"I even made breakfast! your favourite, strawberry pancakes!" my dad said, drawing my attention towards the table. There lay plates, each pilled with a stack of deliciousness. The scent was making me drool.

"You guys have done too much!" I said, looking around.

"Nonsense," my sister replied, wrapping me in a hug. "We are so proud of you baby girl, you inspire so many people all over the world, and we wanted to show you how much you mean to us." I squeezed her tight, and walked over to the breakfast table.

"These look incredible dad!" I commented, as I sat down to join the rest of my family.

"It was super easy! Sean sent me the recipe!" he said excitedly, his love for my best friend shining through his voice.

The mention of his name made my heart sink. Sean was in Asia, teaching workshops all over the continent, meaning he couldn't be home for my birthday. It was the first time since i'd met him that he wasn't going to be here for my party.

"whats wrong kaycee?" my mom asked, worriedly.

"I just really wish Sean was here." I replied, with tears in my eyes. "its the first year without him."

"I know sweetheart," My dad said, reaching over to rub my back. "But he'll be back in 3 weeks. You two can celebrate then." I nodded, and turned to my pancakes. Sean's strawberry pancakes were my favourite meal, it was the very first thing he ever cooked for me, and he had made them every sleepover we've had ever since. I took a bite, trying to keep my tears in.

We ate breakfast as my mom went over the last minute details of our day. My friends were coming over in a couple hours and we would all drive in the van to the lake house. It was a tradition to spend my birthday at the lake house, boating, dancing and having fun, but i didn't feel as excited as i usually did.
~~~
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYCEE!!" my friends screamed, as i opened the front door. Tahani, Bailey, Julian, Kenneth, Charlize, and Josh all ran to hug me.

"hi guys!" i said, laughing at them, returning their embraces. After a few more hugs and "happy birthdays", we all piled into the van.

Me, Tahani, and Bailey had control of the aux cord, and we were blasting Hannah Montana, much to the dismay of the boys.