seventy two hours

an// ok so this is really random, and really dramatic, and has a kind of crappy ending, but i guess its something right? ;)

also, this is a quick sketch i did yesterday and felt the need to share it with someone, aka you guys:)

should i do more?

-anyways... happy reading:)

________________

Kaycee woke to a loud chime coming from the night table beside her. She opened her eyes slowly, groaning when she grabbed her phone, flipping it over to reveal the time. 5:00 am. she pressed stop on the alarm and turned back around to face the sleeping sean next to her.

He was still and peaceful, despite the annoying ringer that had just gone off, she swore he could sleep through anything. She knew she should wake him, they had to go to the airport, his flight to Denmark was leaving in only a few hours, but she couldn't help stealing a few moments just to admire him. His hair messy from the pillow, his cheeks pink from the heat of the covers, and his hand that was rested on her waist. No matter how far apart they were at the start of the night, somehow sean always ended up next to her by morning, as if they were drawn together by a force of nature. Sometimes she questioned whether this was normal, she knew that ordinary best friends were not as close as they were, weren't as reliant on each other, weren't as physically close as they were. In spite of this, kaycee didnt mind them being this way, she craved his closeness and she knew he did as well. Ever since they competed on WOD, it was as if they were each others oxygen, knowing that they couldn't breathe properly when they were apart.

They spent days upon days with each other, sometimes for project rehearsal when it just made more sense to stay at one house, other times just to be with each other, lazying around on the couch watching tv, just relaxing from their daily stress. When they eventually went to their separate houses, kaycee always had trouble sleeping, being used to having sean there with her, always inches away. She'd laid awake many a night, thinking on their memories together; their major accomplishments, but also the small moments when they were alone; seans sleepy smile in the morning, the way he knew her favourite breakfasts and how she took her coffee, fooling around in the garage when they knew they should be practicing, and the feeling of his fingers when he played with her hair, something she loved.

Kaycee blinked a few times, shaking herself out of her daze. She moved her hand up to the boys face, cupping his cheek in the palm of her hand.

"shamu. its time to get up." she whispered.

Sean groaned, shifting his body and moving the hand that had been resting on her waist up to grab her hand, pulling it down to hold it against his chest.

"sean. you've gotta get up, we have to get you to the airport." kaycee said, slightly louder than before. all she got for a reply was a grunt and a sour expression on the boys face, his eyes still glued shut.