the way to a girls heart (2)

two days had passed since Kaycee had spent the night in his living room, and Sean couldn't stop thinking about her. the quiet voice she had used when he had answered the door, as if she didn't have enough air to speak, the way her spirit had lightened as she watched him and Julian bicker, and the way she had disappeared without a trace by the morning, the only remains being a stack of blankets, carefully folded on the couch cushion.

His mind wandered to her as he made his way up the stairs of the dorm, his hands in his coat pocket, airpods in. He couldn't remember a time in which a girl had made such an immediate impression on him, when she had occupied his thoughts for days. He wished he knew her last name so he could look her up in the dorm directory because apparently there were a dozen kaycees living in his building. Just as Sean entered into his hallway, he noticed a girl sitting on the floor nearby, a notebook open in her lap and a textbook laying in front of her, but the thing that made him stop wasn't the papers sprawled across the hall, it was her hair, the same beautiful curls he couldn't seem to get off his mind.

"kaycee?" he said just above a whisper, not wanting to startle her. The girl looked up at him, and her smile confirmed his question.

She looked down to her books bashfully, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "hey sean."

He bent down, taking a spot on the floor beside her, letting out a puff of air as he lowered. "why did you leave so early the other morning? i could've made breakfast or something."

"i didn't want to be more of a bother than i already was,"

"kaycee," sean said, their eyes locking, "you are not a bother, you were actually a very pleasant surprise if anything."

kaycee giggled softly at this, sean following along.

"ok, I'm sorry then. i really enjoyed hanging out with you guys, just so you know."

"im glad to know you find us amusing." he laughed, hopping up to his feet and extending his hand out to the girl.

"so come back, let's watch a movie or something." 

kaycee smiled, a pink rising to her cheeks. "that would be great."

~~~

"julian!" sean yelled as the two walked in the front door of their dorm room. "guess who i found sitting in the hall?"

"a hobo!" julian called from the kitchen, his back turned away from them.

sean laughed, shaking his head. "nooo, look."

"Kaycee!" he exclaimed, spinning around on his heels. "that was very rude of you leaving us like that." he teased, an angry look on his face.

"i know, i know. sean already scolded me in the hallway," she giggled.

"i thought we could all watch a movie or something." sean said, throwing his bag on a chair, gesturing for kaycee to do the same.

"i would man, but I've got a hot date to catch." julian replied, "sorry kayc."

"that's fine, have fun." she replied sweetly, "me and sean will just have fun without you."

"alright," he said as he grabbed his jacket and headed for the door "but not too much fun if you know what i mean lew." he yelled as the door slammed behind him.

"god, he's too much for me sometimes." sean scoffed as they moved over to the couch.

"i feel like he has good intentions."

"oh he does, he just has a funny way of showing them." sean sighed, leaning back into the cushions. 

~~~