Ink

Aurora returned later that night, bringing dinner for the both of them. She had taken to sitting by his cell and eating with him. Although he was still a prisoner, that's not how she saw him anymore.

"You look much better like this" She smiled a little shyly.

"You weren't digging the sasquatch look huh?" He teased.

"Nah... I prefer rugged, not overgrown" she chuckled.

"So what else do you prefer?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you like in a man? C'mon I know I'm your type" he smiled.

"Like your ego needs any more stroking" she laughed softly.

"I could tell you what does need stroking" he grinned with a suggestive wink.

"You're an asshole" Aurora laughed.

"C'mon Rori... I'm stuck in this cell 24/7 and you are the only person that talks to me. You're the only person who can even stand me. Humour me please" he practically begged.

"Alright... what do I like in a man? A good sense of humour, he has to be able to make me laugh. A nice smile. Respect for women. I like a man who is rugged, you know... tall dark and handsome. None of this pretty boy shit. And... I love tattoos" she said as she grinned at him.

"You like tattoos huh?"

"Oh yeah. I guy with ink is totally sexy".

"So I am your type" he chuckled with a smug grin.

"Yeah... I guess you are" she said with a non committal kind of shrug, trying to play it cool.

"C'mon... you like me. I'm totally fuckable right? You think I'm sexy...
You can tell me" Negan teased.

"Shut up" Aurora laughed.

"I love it when you laugh" he said seriously. "But honestly, if things were different... You'd go there right?" Negan teased some more.

"You're fucking persistent aren't you?"

"Damn right. You can't tell me you don't feel it"

"Feel what?" She asked innocently.

"You're gonna make me be the one to say it aren't you?"

"Yup" she grinned smugly.

"I fucking like you Rori. You're cute as fuck, you are funny as shit and you are fucking real. You don't hide behind some mask, you're not fake as shit with make up caked on your face saying shit you think I wanna hear to get me to like you" he told her.

"My goal was never to get you to like me".

"I know, and that's why I like you even more. You don't have to try. You don't need me to like you".

"Am I some sort of forbidden fruit to you? Something that you can't have. You like the challenge? Is that it?"

"Is that honestly what you think of me?" Negan asked, the hurt and dissapointment evident in his voice.

"No" she retracted. "It's just... I  dunno I guess I wanted to be sure. Maybe I let Rick get into my head. Because he's worried that you got into mine".

"I wanna be in your head, but not in that kind of way. I'm not trying to play you Rori. I wanna be on your mind. I want you to be thinking about me, in the same way that I think about you" he admitted.

"And what way is that?" She asked curiously.

"Every fucking way Sweetheart. You and I are connected that's obvious. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually... and physically in the most innocent way you can fucking imagine. And if I'm being completely honest that scares the holy shit outta me. Just the simple touch of your hand can bring me back down to earth when shit in my head is getting all too much. You keep me grounded like no one else ever has" Negan smiled.