Earning Trust

For the first time since the beginning Negan's sleep wasn't haunted by nightmares. When he woke in the morning he found Aurora curled up in his arms. She slept in the same way she always did, with her arms across her chest. Only this time she wasn't clutching at her shirt, partly because she was naked, but instead she held tight to Negan's arm that was draped protectively across the top of her chest as he held her body close to him. He couldn't help but smile as he kissed her hair, deeply inhaling her scent as he nestled in closer to her.

Aurora began to stir and she gripped his arm tighter as she started to wake. "Morning Sweetheart" Negan cooed as he placed a gentle kiss to her bare shoulder.

"Hey you" she mumbled sleepily as she rolled over in his arms and snuggled in to his chest.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Better than I have in a long time" she smiled.

"Me too Babygirl" Negan grinned as he kissed her forehead.

"We should probably be getting up ready for work" she suggested.

"Probably... but I think we have time for a quickie" Negan grinned devilishly as he released her from his embraced and dove beneath the blankets laying gentle kisses all over her body as he crept lower and lower.

"You're bad!" She chuckled.

"You of all people should know I'm actually good... really fucking good" he countered as he decended his mouth upon her making her squeal in pleasure.

---***---***---***---***---***---***---

It had been almost eight months since Negan was released from his cell and true to his word he had been on his best behaviour. At first some people were hostile, Rosita especially, slapping him swiftly the first time she had seen him. She still hadn't gotten over the death of Abraham. Negan didn't blame her. He stood there and took his punishment, allowed her to call him every bad word under the sun, and when she was done he offered his sincerest apology.

Slowly he began to grow on people. Not many liked Negan, but they tolerated him, he was after all a self proclaimed asshole and had a tendency or rub people the wrong way.

Today Rick was allowing Negan to go on his first run. The team consisted of Rick, Michonne, Aurora, Aaron, Anne (Jadis), and Negan. They would be meeting up with Carol, Ezekial and Jerry from the Kingdom and Jesus and Alden from Hilltop. One of their scouts had spotted a landscape and gardening supply store that looked fairly untouched. Up until now most people were focused on finding food rather than growing it, which worked to their advantage. The run was going to be dangerous with a fair amount of walkers about, but if they could secure some seed and gardening tools it would help them immensely.

When they arrived at their destination, they cleared the area of walkers and made their way into the locked up carpark, cutting the chain with bolt cutters.

Rick told them all how they were going to approach the situation and assigned everyone groups. "Michonne, I want you to take Carol, Ezekial and Anne around to the back entrance. Jesus, I want you, Alden, and Jerry at the side entrance with the rolling bay door. "Me, Aaron, Aurora and Negan will take the front" Rick instructed. "Everyone be careful. Watch eachothers backs" he said and they all nodded and began to move to their positions.

"Be safe" Michonne said to Rick as she gave a Negan a sideways glance. She was still unsure about bringing him along, but she trusted Rick's judgement.

"I will. You too" he smiled as he gave her a quick kiss.

"Negan" Rick spoke up.

"Yeah?"