One Of Us

Rick carefully examined Negan's shoulder, checking his range of movement. After conferring with Jesus they decided it was most definitely dislocated.

"Okay Negan, I'm gonna need you to lie down on the floor. The longer your shoulder stays out the worse it will be. We have to put it back in place now" Rick told him.

"Alright" Negan replied. "You better not make it any fucking worse" he grumbled as he lay down on the floor. Aurora knelt down beside him holding his other hand in hers.

Rick began to move his arm outwards ready to set it back in place, but Negan's muscles were too tense.

"Negan you need to trust me, and you need to relax otherwise I can't do this, I will end up causing more damage" Rick said.

"I do trust you. Wouldn't have fucking saved your ass if I didn't" Negan countered. "And I can't fucking relax when it fucking hurts" he growled. Rick looked to Aurora as if to say 'help me out here' and she gave him a small nod in understanding.

"Negan" she whispered as she turned his head to look in her direction. "Focus on me... don't worry about Rick and what he's doing. Forget about the pain, focus on me, listen to my voice, look in my eyes" she told him, and Rick started to feel the tension leave Negan's arm, slowly he moved it outwards from his body until it was at a forty five degree angle.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?" Aurora whispered to Negan, not caring that the rest of the group was watching on.

"Every day Sweetheart" he smiled lovingly.

"Well that's because every day I fall deeper in love with you for some crazy fucking reason" she grinned and he closed his eyes with a hearty chuckle and Aurora gave Rick a quick nod.

Without wasting any time Rick gave Negan's arm a quick tug while holding his body in place with his foot beneath his armpit. As he carefully released it, Negan's shoulder slipped back into the socket.

"Jesus Fuck!" Negan growled as his eyes flung open and he glared at Rick.

"Sorry" Rick grimaced. "But it's back in now" he said with a small smile as he helped him to sit up and rotated Negan's shoulder a little.

"Thanks" Negan grumbled as he tested his movement.

"Thank you" Rick said seriously. "If it wasn't for you, I could have been seriously injured here today... or worse".

"You're welcome".

"Okay everyone. Let's finish loading everything up and get back to Alexandria. There we can divide up the supplies between the communities".

Grasping Negan's face in her hands Aurora kissed him hard. "You scared the shit out of me" she whispered.

"What was I supposed to do Sweetheart? Let Rick fall to his death?"

"Course not. You did the right thing. I'm so proud of you Babe. I just... I don't know what I'd do if things went wrong and I lost you" she said as she ran her fingers over the scruff on his cheek.

"Everything is ok, and I'm fine Babygirl. I'm not going anywhere" he smiled as he climbed to his feet and pulled her up off the floor. "I love you Rori" he said as he pulled her close.

"I love you too" she smiled in response.

"C'mon let's get the fuck outta here. My shoulder still hurts a little... I think you might need to play nurse" he smiled with a suggestive wink.

"I love the way you think" Aurora laughed as they made their way down the stairs.

---***---***---***---***---***---***---***

When they arrived back at Alexandria the group set about dividing up the resources for each of the communities. "Let's get you home and find some pain killers for your shoulder" Aurora smiled as she took Negan by the hand. "And then maybe I'll kiss it better" she winked cheekily.

"Yes please" Negan chuckled.

"Negan!" Rick called out from behind them. "Got a minute?"

"Can it wait, I'm kind of in pain here... and Aurora is gonna be my nurse if you know what I mean" Negan grinned with a suggestive kind of wink.

"It'll only take a minute... and I really don't wanna know what you two get up to in your free time" Rick groaned.

"Okay. One minute" Negan replied.

"I know I already said thank you, but I want you to know that what you did today... putting your ass on the line for me. Well, I really respect that. And I want you to know you have my full trust" Rick told him. "You are one of us Negan" he added as he handed him back his weapons from the run. "You can keep hold of these now".

"Thank you Rick. I appreciate that" Negan smiled sincerely.

"That's all I wanted to say. I'll let you two go do... whatever weird stuff you do" he laughed.

"Don't judge Rick, just coz your sex life is vanilla" Negan teased.

"My sex life is just fine thank you. Not that it's any of your business".

"Well Rick there's fine... and then there's 'fine'". Negan chuckled making Aurora cover her face and stifle a giggle.

"Okay Negan... that's enough. Let's get you home" Aurora laughed. "Thanks Rick" she said with a smile. "You are such a fucking shit stirrer" she whispered to Negan as they walked away.

"You love it. I saw you laughing" he chuckled.

"How's your shoulder?"

"A little sore".

"Aww poor baby" she teased. "Want me to kiss it better now?"

"Oh I want you to do more than kiss it better" he winked.

"You're so bad".

"You love me this way" Negan smiled smugly.

"You know it. Deeply, madly and hopelessly".

"Until the end of time?" Negan asked.

"Until the end of time" Aurora grinned happily.

---***---***---***---***---***---***---***

Over a year had passed by and Aurora and Negan were as solid as ever. Negan was well and truly a respected member of the community, after not only saving Ricks life during the run at the landscape supply centre, but also saving the lives of Ezekial and Carol during another run. He had proven to be a good judge of character when it came to taking in new members and his opinion was often sought out.

Father Gabriel had married Negan and Aurora with their friends as witnesses, and neither of them had ever felt happier.

Winter was fast approaching and Aurora and Negan were expecting their first child in just under a month. Before it got too cold and dangerous to head out the couple, with the help of Rick and Aaron had been gathering up supplies for the baby. Even though Negan had been against it, Aurora insisted on going out with him despite being pregnant. She was just as stubborn as he was and there was no way he was winning that battle. He knew better than to push his luck when she was hormonal.

Aurora was working light duties in the garden when she felt a warmth spread through her thighs, looking down she saw her pants were wet.

"Shit" she cursed, fear and panic washing over her. "Please don't let it be blood" she cried as she hurried towards their house. Negan was out on a run with Rick and some of the others and wasn't due back until tomorrow. "God if you are listening... get my husband back here quickly and safely" she whispered. She was never much of a believer, but in that moment she would take all the help she could get.