New Life

Warning: Labour and Childbirth.

As she rushed into their bathroom Aurora whipped her pants off as quick as she could and was relieved to find it was just clear liquid saturating her pants. Changing her clothes and using a maxi pad she went in search of Michonne. She had given birth to baby boy just a few months ago and had told Aurora to come to her if she ever needed help with her pregnancy.

As she made it to their porch the first contraction hit and she had to grip the railing for a moment before it passed.

Aurora knocked on their door and when there was no answer she opened it and stepped inside. "Michonne!?" She called out softly, worried she might wake their baby. "Michonne are you home? It's happening!" She called from the bottom of the stairs.

Seconds later Michonne emerged from the babies room with a worried look. "Sorry, I was just putting him to bed. Is everything okay?" She said as she rushed down.

"I think my waters broke. I soaked through my pants" Aurora explained.

"No bleeding?"

"No. Just clear liquid".

"Good. That's a good sign" she told her. "Have the contractions started? Sometimes it can take a while".

"Is had the first one a couple minutes ago" she said.

"Okay, let's take a seat and we can work out if there is any sort of rhythm to them yet" Michonne smiled. "Do you want me to send a messenger out to get Negan back home?"

"Yes please. I don't want to go through this without him".

"Okay, I'll be right back. Sit tight. Can I get you anything?"

"Just some water would be great" Aurora smiled.

Michonne went to the kitchen and returned with a glass of water. "If another one hits while I'm gone, just remember to breathe through it" she told her before disappearing out the front door in search of someone to send out to the trade group heading back from the Kingdom.

Returning a few minutes later Michonne informed her that Jacob was heading out on horseback to intercept the group and send Negan back quickly.

"Thank you Michonne".

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Scared" she chuckled. "I thought I was ready for this but now that the time has come I'm so nervous".

"That's totally normal" Michonne laughed. "Especially in the world now. But everything will be fine. We have Siddiq here and he will make sure you and your baby are as safe and healthy as possible" she reassured her.

"What's it like going through labour without all the modern medicine like the gas and stuff? Aurora asked.

"I'm not gonna lie, labour is hard. Even with the drugs. But you're tough Aurora, you got this. Negan will be back before you know it and you can crush his hand with every contraction" she laughed. "And the moment you lay eyes on your precious baby you will forget all about the pain you went through to get them here".

Just then another contraction hit and Aurora breathed through it with Michonne by her side. "They are about nine minutes apart" Michonne observed. "That's good. Negan should be back with time to spare".

"He better be or I might just kill him" Aurora joked.

Michonne helped Aurora keep busy through her contractions and did her best to distract her from the pain. She asked one of the ladies to watch her son while she took Aurora back to her house. She insisted on giving birth in her own house. So while they waited for the contractions to get closer together and for Negan to arrive Aurora went through the draws of baby clothes to pick out their babies first outfit.

Another wave of pain hit, stronger this time making Aurora stop in her tracks and double over. "They are getting stronger" Aurora groaned.

"And closer together" Michonne added. "The last three were four minutes apart".

"Does it usually progress so quickly?"

"Everybody labours differently" Michonne told her. "Hopefully this means yours will be quick. Do you want me to call for Siddiq? He can check to see if you have dilated?"

"Okay" Aurora nodded, trusting Michonne's judgement.

"Siddiq, we need you here" Michonne spoke over the walkie.

"On my way" came the doctors reply.

"Shall we get you on the bed so he can check you over?" She suggested.

"Good idea" Aurora said as she waddled towards her bedroom and carefully climbed up onto the bed. "I guess I should take my pants off" she said with an awkward laugh.

"That would probably help things along" Michonne chuckled as she grabbed a clean sheet to drape over Aurora's bottom half as she stripped herself of her pants.

"Not sure how I feel about another man looking around down there" Aurora laughed.

"It's strange at first, but trust me once you're in full blown labour, you won't care who's up in your business" Michonne chuckled. "I'm sure Negan won't be thrilled about the idea either".

Siddiq arrived shortly after and Aurora's contractions were now three minutes apart. He checked her over which was slightly uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the contractions she was experiencing.

"You're only about 3cm at the moment so you still have a way to go yet" he informed her.

"But the contractions are so close together. Is that normal?" She asked worriedly.

"Completely normal. There's nothing to worry about" he reassured her.

Another painful contraction tore through her body and she did her best to breathe through it, holding in a scream of pain. She knew screaming would do her no good and only waste energy needed to make it through each following contraction. "Where the fuck is Negan" she cried as the pain began to subside.

"I'm sure he will be here soon" Michonne said as she brushed her hair from her eyes. "You wanna get up and walk around a little. It helps with the pain".

"Yeah okay".

"You know I actually danced through some of my contractions. It's surprising how much that helps. What do you say girl? You wanna get your groove on?" Michonne giggled.

"Sounds like a plan. Anything to make this better" She smiled. Michonne disappeared from the room and returned a short while later with an ipod that she had used during her labour and began to play some R&B with a nice beat and encourage Aurora start swaying her hips to the music.