Chapter 4

Elijah's POV
I sped to the mansion to see Kova pinned down by Damon Salvatore, then I saw a baby at the door step.
Kova mumbled" Care for Peter." as Damon stabbed her with the white oak stake, I sped to Peter, lifting him up and speeding off again. I need to find Niklaus, but first, I need to get Peter safe.
I stopped at a clearing in the woods, looking at him, he babbled and cried again.
I said" It's alright, little one, don't be afraid. I'm your uncle, and I swear to protect you forever." I kissed his head then wiped his tears,
He said" Momma!"
" She's gone, Peter, and she won't be returning."
" 'Lijah!"
" That's right. 'Lijah, that's my name." Then I sped off again.

Peter was a hybrid, he would get angry and his eyes would turn to this amazing color of vampire eyes, His normal eye color is this silvery grey.

He was now the age of 6, and more like his mother everyday

He was now the age of 6, and more like his mother everyday. A hybrid of Witch and Vampire, and I guess Kova told him the story of how he was conceived. He told me everything, and I was angry but calmed down for him, I watched as he took a nap in my arms. He woke up, yawning then looked at me,
He said" Where are we, Uncle Elijah?"
I said" Heading to find Niklaus."
" Okay."

Peter's POV
We were in Louisiana, Uncle Elijah put me down,
He said" Now, repeat."
I said" You, Uncle Nik, and Aunt Rebekah are the Originals, mommy was an Original too. Vampires and every supernatural creature are bad and I'm one but I'm good. I'm a new type, a witch but I have vampire abilities, I'm a hybrid."
" Good. Now..."
" We're following Uncle Nik to New Orleans, because Mystic Falls hates us and killed mommy and Uncle Kol."
" That's my boy." He rubbed my head, kissing my hair," Now, take a nap."
" Okay, Uncle Elijah." He lifted me up, I closed my eyes, falling asleep again. He kissed my head, adjusting me on his hip.

I woke up when Uncle Elijah put me down,
He said" Stay right here and don't move until I return." He sat me on the ground," I'll be back shortly." He walked into the building, I played with pebbles on the ground, waiting for him to return. When he did, he lifted me up and held me on his hip, I wrapped my arms around his neck then he sped off.
We were following some woman, she stopped us,
She said" Are you gonna continue following me, Elijah, or do you want to talk?"
Uncle Elijah said" You know who I am."
" Original vampire, always wears a suit. You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your brother back in town."
" Well, Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him, someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux."
" Well, if he's looking for Jane-Anne, he's a little late."
" Are you telling me she's dead?"
" Come on. Her sister Sophie is gonna want to talk to you."
We walked to where a bunch of witches were standing over a body, a woman was crying.
Uncle Lijah said" That's Jane-Anne? Killed in public for anyone to find."
The woman said" Only people who come around here are the witches. Now her sister has come to take her body. Her spirit can't rest until it's been properly interred in the cemetery."
" Please tell me that my brother had nothing to do with this."
" No. Jane-Anne died because she got caught doing magic."
" What do you mean, she got caught doing magic?" Then someone whistled,
" You want to know who killed Jane-Anne? You're about to get your first glimpse of Marcel in action."
" The vampire Marcel?"
" Things have changed since your family left town. Marcel has changed. I'm asking you, stay hidden. If Marcel finds out that a witch let the Originals back into town, my people will be slaughtered." Uncle Lijah sped us up to a balcony, he put me down, I looked between the planters to see.
A man said" Well, well, well. What have we here? I got to tell you, Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight." A vampire went vampire face, I jumped and hid behind Uncle Lijah, holding onto his jacket," Not half an hour ago, we had to teach your sister a little lesson."
Sophie said" We're putting her to rest, Marcel. Leave us alone."
" I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason, send a message. If anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the Quarter, and yet a little birdie informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh, yeah. While I have you, quick Q&A. My old friend the hybrid Klaus, he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?"
" I don't know. Witches don't get involved in vampire business."
" Mm, that would be pretty stupid, that's for sure. Tell you what. Go back to the restaurant. Cook up some of that famous gumbo and keep those tourists happy. Take the body."
" What? No. Stop. Stop. Marcel-"
" I'm gonna hold on to your sister's body in case maybe you remember why Klaus is here."
" Marcel, please. Her body won't be at peace."
" Not my problem." I yawned and tugged at Uncle Lijah's jacket, he lifted me up and I fell asleep.