Chapter 46

Hayley and I walked into the compound, it was getting decorated for a party.
Hayley said" We were heading out and now we're throwing a party, I see."
Uncle Nik said" One that will be attended by New Orleans' most influential creatures."
" You do realize that everyone hates you."
" But they love marcel, and as the invite states, he is the cohost. Tonight, we celebrate our truce."
" So, you're throwing a fake party in honor of a fake truce and your guest of honor is in a dungeon."
" Marcel's attendance would only complicate matters. Besides, I'll have my hands full weeding out those in league with the hollow."
" Have fun with that. Hope's with Mary, I'm just looking for Freya."
" What do you need from her?"
" Just a favor."

We were walking to Rousseau's,
Hayley said" Pete, go back to Hope, I think I can handle this on my own."
I said" I can't stay for the party?"
" Ha, very funny! Go."
" You're so no fun!"
" Go, Peter!"
" I do everything for you, and I can't have a little fun?"
" You are so ridiculous, Peter." I smiled at her," Just go, you dork."
" Bye, Hayley." I kissed her cheek then sped away.
——
My foot was tapping as I awaited a call, or text from my family, I hated this, still being a kid in their eyes, it's not like I haven't killed people. I've killed a lot of people for my family, and I'll probably still be killing people as the years go on. Arms wrapped around my shoulders, I smiled, turning my head to Hope,
She said" Hi, Peter!"
I said" Hey, Hope, what're you doing?"
" Looking for you."
" For me? Why?"
" Why're you scared?"
" Me? Scared? No, no, I'm not scared, not at all, I-I just don't like being left out."
" Why?"
" Because it's not what I was raised to do."
" Why?"
" You ask so many questions, little one, huh?"
" Yeah." I chuckled, smiling at her, I ruffled her hair, she giggled,
" That is none of your concern, Hope, big kid stuff."
" Okay, wanna come play with me?"
" Uh..." I looked at my phone again, nothing," Sure, I guess I can come play." She held my hand, I stood up, following her, I sighed, I hope they're okay in the Quarter.

Once Hope was distracted, I texted Freya, she filled me in on what happened at the party. Uncle Lijah killed a head priest of the Hollow, Dominic, collecting the weapons that could end us. Well, that's just fantastic!