Chapter 22

I heard a scream... Uncle Klaus was interrogating witches to find Uncle Lijah.
Hayley took me with her to go see Marcel, we walked in,
Hayley said" No. He's not, which sucks, considering how low the bar is around here. Listen. You two up for a rescue mission?"
Gia asked" Are we going after Elijah?"
" Nope. That's all Klaus. I'm talking about Oliver. He and Elijah were fighting werewolves together. I heard that Oliver's been captured, and he's about to be executed. Now, look. If we can save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Elijah is."
Marcel said" Okay. So, what do you want from us?"
" Just a little distraction. Ester's son Finn, he's the one that's controlling the werewolves. If you can keep him out of the way, I can go get Ollie myself." She turned around, Marcel sped to in front of her.
" You can't take on all those wolves by yourself. You'll get killed. Then I'll get killed for letting it happen."
" I'm not going in alone. The werewolves may be answering to the witches, but they still have an alpha. I just have to find him." Hayley looked down and saw me," You... Peter, I need you to go make sure Klaus doesn't go missing too."
I said" And you're sticking me with the lunatic, okay."
" I love you?" She smiled at me, ruffling my hair,
" Love you too."
" Be careful."
" I'm never careful, Hayley." She hummed, Marcel ruffled my hair,
He said" A true mikaelson." Then I sped away, heading to find Uncle Klaus.

I found him, about to burn his mother's coffin, I walked to him then saw Uncle Lijah.... I don't think that's really him. I ran to Uncle Klaus and held his hand, he looked down, then followed Magic Elijah. We walked into the house, and found Magic Elijah tapping the piano keys.
He said" You seem troubled. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were worried."
Uncle Klaus said" What has she done to you?"
" A thousand years of murder and mayhem... and mother believes she can still save our souls. She wants to talk. Perhaps we should listen." Yep, that's definitely not Uncle Lijah. Uncle Klaus threw a chair at it,
" Enough... of the petty illusions, Esther. Where is Elijah?"
Esther said" He's preoccupied at the moment. I'm helping him find his way." I ran to Uncle Klaus and hid behind him," But not to worry, I'll return him to you. All I ask is that you hear me out."
" You expect me to sit through a sermon of your lies?"
" I have lied in the past, to my shame. But I'm going to tell you the truth. I'm in the process of making Elijah into the man he was meant to be. And I intend to do the same for you. This plantation, ruined by fire. How sad. Not to mention symbolic. After all, you never intended to build a true home here. Even as Hayley carried your child. As Rebekah and Elijah sought to defend you... your thoughts were focused only on your conquest of the Quarter. Tell me. How did that go?"
" I'm sorry. Is this some sort of motherly critique? Please feel free to choke on it."
" I mention your failures only to make a point, my dear. You've endured several lifetimes of misery. Never mind the suffering you've caused others, even to your own blood. You yourself remain trapped in a perpetual state of despair. I have come to offer you a means to escape that cycle."
" And that's about all the hypocrisy I can take. I suggest you give me my brother before I get angry."
" Such hatred. It breaks my heart to see you like this. The boy I loved."
" Your love was a curse. An affect you feigned. The truth is you're no better than Mikael. And like him, you seem to have crawled back from the grave... simply to ruin your own children. Oh. You didn't know. Yes. The destroyer has risen. Brought back to kill me by the witch Davina. Well, surely, Kol has revealed everything to you. Or is Mother's loyal little bootlicker not quite so loyal after all?"
" If Mikael has returned, we will need to deal with him."
" Ha, ha. We? Is that a joke? Am I to forego centuries of hatred for my evil mother in order to join her... in besting the very demon she herself allowed to raise me."
" I am not evil, Niklaus. I am your salvation. And Mikael? He was not always a demon. Long ago, he loved his children with all his heart. He doted on your brother, Finn, but it was our first born Freya who was the apple of his eye."
" Do you really think that saccharine recollections of ancient history... will have any effect on me at all?" We moved past her, my legs moving fast to keep up with Uncle Klaus.
" What I think is you have gone mad from centuries of hating your parents. But if you join me now... I can grant you peace. And should Mikael return with the intent to harm you... I will strike him down myself."
" That's quite an offer. But you know... I've never needed any help when it comes to killing parents."
" You reject me out of hatred. But I have something stronger. I have the truth about your father. Not Mikael. Your real father."
We followed her outside, I stayed by Uncle Klaus' side, not wandering too far if I had to.
She said" A thousand years ago, in a fit of rage... you wrapped your bare hands around my neck and squeezed until I died. Do you even remember why?"
Uncle Klaus said" Let's see. You turned us all into monsters. You cursed me. Denied me of my hybrid nature. You lied about my father."
" It's that one, above all. You killed me because I kept you from ever knowing your true father."
" My hatred for you runs so deep, it's difficult to pinpoint its origin. Maybe I hate that I am the product of a whore's lechery." He walked over to her, she slapped him,
" Watch your mouth. You would do well to remember that you are still my son."
" You judge me evil. Yet it was your lust that made me what I am."
" Not once have I ever regretted the love I had for your father. And you have never known the truth of how that love came to be. Of what happened... in the months after Mikael and I lost your sister Freya to the plague. There are no words for the loss of a child. As you well know. After Freya died, Mikael was inconsolable. Compelled by his grief, we were forced to pack our things and set across the seas. Eventually, his despair would drive us apart. And that's when I saw him for the first time. Your father. I'd never seen a man like him. Powerful yet wise. But loved by his people. And because Mikael had chosen to leave me alone in his grief... shunning me from his life, I found myself drawn to another."
" Spare me the sordid details of my origin."
" I only speak the truth."
" Then tell me this, mother... why did your Adonis abandon his son? Why did he allow me to be raised by a monster who hated me? Why not claim me for himself? Raise me among the wolves? Or was he ashamed of his bastard as you were?"
" No, no, no. He loved you. It was I who forbade it. I knew if Mikael had learned of my infidelity he would have destroyed us in his rage. I had no choice. When I learned I was with child, I went back to Mikael. I told him I was having his baby. He showed no joy but neither did he suspect the truth. When you were born, it renewed his spirit. We had Kol and Kova, Rebekah, Henrik. Because of you, we were a family again."
" A family built on secrets and lies."
" Oh, you were my secret joy. And to protect your secret... I denied you a life with your father. But what if I could make up for all that... by curing you of this sickness that's infected your soul. Whereas I put Kol, Kova and Finn into the bodies of a witch... you, I shall place info the body of a werewolf... so you can live out your days as what you were always meant to be."
" What could possibly make you think I would agree to such a thing?"
" With mortality, you could start over. You could have a family of your own. Happiness. Peace. All the things you've long been denied."
" Enough! Tell me where Elijah is, or I will kill you. In this body or any other you choose to jump into from now until bloody Armageddon. Ung!" She slung him back with magic, I hid behind a bush.
" I had hoped there was some part of you... that yearned for an end to your vicious ways. But if you are determined to perpetuate the cycle violence... to which you've become accustomed... well, then, I'll have to accommodate you." Then she snapped his neck, I yelped," Come, child." I looked at her," I won't hurt you, Peter. Kova's son, correct?"
I said" What do you want, Ester?"
" I'd like the word, grandmother... if you would."
" I wouldn't."
" Hmm, resilient little one. What are you?"
" Hybrid... witch/vampire." I let the veins appear," I suggest you don't talk down to me, I'm very smart for my age."
" Hmm, seems to be so, how old are you?"
" None of your business."
" Who raised you?"
" None of your business."
" Finn will kill your mother, she broke his rules, no contact with any family or her child. He found out about your little meeting, and her sneaking about the quarter watching you. He's only waiting for my say, once I say yes, he'll kill her quickly and painfully. Now, is there any reason I should say no?"
" Kol would hate you! Just like I do! I hate you! You've hurt my family! My uncles and aunt! You hurt them! I hate you!" I breathed heavily," My mommy is amazing, and she knows she's gonna die, but I got to see her! I got to see her! I'm okay if she does die, she hates it here anyways! She'll be at peace."
" How do you know that?"
" Because my mommy is a beautiful and amazing person, no matter what anyone says about her."
" She's a witch, she'll be in the ancestral plain... she'll never have peace."
" Yes she will. Because when you die, she'll be away from you! Because you are the monster, not my family!" She muttered something, I fell, passing out.

I heard Hayley said" What did she do to Peter, Klaus?"
Uncle Klaus said" A simple yet powerful sleeping charm."
" What? He's only a kid, how will this hurt him?"
" He'll wake soon enough, I suggest keep an eye on him."
" Why weren't you there to protect him?"
" I was occupied with my neck being snapped by my mother."
" I should have sent him home."
" Finn is planning on killing Kova, Kova knows, she told me so herself tonight."
" What?"
" Yes, she's said her goodbyes to Peter. It's a matter of time now."
" Peter's gonna be devastated." I felt my hair be slid back by Hayley,
" Well, he is a Mikaelson, he'll be okay."
" Yeah, I know." I was laid down, tucked in," Sleep well, Peter." She kissed my head,
" And Kova said that if you would take in Peter as your own, he needs a mother to raise him right. Says Bekah is unreliable, Elijah and I are  neanderthals, and that you're the only person she can rely on to make sure he's well. Did I ever mention, I hate my little sister?"
" Well, she should know I will always take care of Peter, because she's not wrong." I heard Uncle Klaus walk out of the room, I yawned and opened my eyes." Hi, Peter." Hayley looked at me and smiled,
I said" I wanna see my mommy."
" I don't think that's possible, kiddo, she's not gonna be around anymore."
" I know, Ester told me."
" Great." Then my mommy came into the room,
She said" I've got about 5 minutes before I've got to haul back to Finn... well, to say goodbye, Kol doesn't know of Finn's treachery yet, but as soon as he does, I'm sure he'll get his revenge some time, sure he'll be joining me soon too. Hi, Peter." I got up and hugged her, she hugged me back, kissing my head." Hayley..."
" I know, Kova, I'll take care of Peter for you."
" Thank you. I don't know how you can stand these neanderthals, but you do. Uh, Peter..."
I said" It's okay, mommy, I never thought it'd be forever." She smiled and kissed my head again,
" Well, I didn't either, I'm a trouble maker, it's what I do best. So, I need my brave little boy to watch out for his uncles, they always seem to get into trouble... even watch out for Kol, once you see him, he'll be in loads of trouble if he's seen here but... he means well, sometimes. I love you, so much, Peter, never forget that."
" I love you too, mommy."
" Always and Forever, Peter, I will always love you. Remember that, okay? No matter how hard it gets being in this family, we always come back to each other. You will do right by your name, unlike I did."
" I will, mommy, I love you."
" I love you too, so much." She smiled and kissed my head again," Now, this is goodbye, but remember, goodbye doesn't last forever."
" I'll remember."
" Good boy." She kissed my head again, hugging me tightly, I hugged her till she let go. She walked away, Hayley held my shoulder, rubbing it, I looked up," Take care of my boy, Hayley, I don't want to see him anytime soon." Then she was gone, I looked up at Hayley, she smiled at me and lifted me up onto her hip. She put me back to bed, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.