Chapter 26

Skipping S2E12: Sanctuary
Onto S2E13: The Devil is Damned

I was brushing my teeth when I heard Hope cry, I sped downstairs and saw she had a scratch on her head.
Cami said" She yanked the tablecloth and that knickknack fell on her. It's just a scratch. Elijah?" He was staring at Hope, like he was in a trance, I moved to stand closer," Elijah."
Uncle Lijah said" Yes. Forgive me. Um..."
Uncle Lijah put a bandage on Hope's head,
Cami said" It's a trigger, you pulled yourself back which is improvement for sure. But we can't ignore that your mind went elsewhere. It's very common in traditional PTSD patients. You've done the work to face your atrocities. Truth is, it's going to take some time to settle."
Uncle Lijah said" You believe you have the power to resolve this?"
" It's not that easy. There's no..." she snapped her fingers," And you're fixed. In cases like yours, sometimes not dwelling on the problem is more productive... than examining it through therapy. Staying mentally busy instead of physically. This house, though charming, is completely falling apart." She handed him a note, I jumped onto his shoulders and looked at it with him.
" So this is your solution? Mend the home, mend the man."
" Or we could go fishing and I could tell you about the summer I lost my virginity."
" I'll mend the home."
" I'll spend the day with Hope and Peter, and you spend the day not thinking. And fixing the heater, because this place is freezing at night."

Cami took me and Hope to a farmer's market, I made a goofy face with an orange slice in my mouth. Cami laughed, shaking her head at me, I looked at Hope, which caused her to giggle.
I said" Hi, little sister. Hi. Look at me, look it." She stared at me, giggling and smiling, I laughed and tickled her stomach." Bee boo! Hi!" She laughed, holding onto my hand, I smiles and kissed her hands.
Cami left her cell at the house, and I haven't had mine since I left the quarter. She's on a public phone right now,
She said" Hey, Elijah, I left my cell at the house like an idiot. Luckily, pay phones are still a thing out here in the sticks. Um... anyway, we're heading home now." She crouched down and took Hope's bandage off, and the mark was completely healed." I don't know if the pediatric board would approve... of Uncle Elijah using vampire blood to heal boo-boos." I giggled," Did you know about this?" I nodded," Oh, come on!" She tickled my stomach, I laughed, she smiled at me.
We were driving back, Hope whined, I held her hand, something was wrong, we can't go there. I looked at Hope,
Cami said" It's okay, it's okay." She started humming Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. We got closer to the house, I didn't let go of Hope's hand, I yawned then looked at her. Then the car stopped, I looked to the front then the house exploded. Uncle Lijah! Cami gasped then looked back at us, I let Hope play with my fingers.

Into S2E14: I Love You, Goodbye

Hope and I were crying,
Cami said" It's okay, sweet girl and boy. I just need to find a payphone." We got to a payphone, hope and I were still crying, I couldn't stop crying. Cami got out, getting Hope out, I scooted out and held Cami's arm. She walked to the payphone, but the quarters dropped," Damn it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You're both being so brave. The least I could do is watch my-" we heard something move, my eyes changed to their vampire state. I breathed heavily," Whoever's out there... if you try anything, I will gouge out your eyes."
I heard Uncle Lijah say" Actually, Camille, it's probably not necessary." I sighed,
" What the hell happened back there?" We walked to him,
" That's a discussion for the car. Let's move." He led us to the car, and put me in while Cami put Hope in. They got in, and we drove off, I looked at them, letting Hope hold my fingers as tight as she could.

We got home, we walked in,
Hayley said" You brought them here? Finn could be anywhere."
Uncle Klaus said" I've taken precautions. There'll be no uninvited guests at your wedding. And after, your pack will be the first line of defense to this home. No more running, queen." He walked off after looking at Uncle Lijah and Hayley. Hayley took Hope into her arms, Hope squealed and squeaked,
" Hope, this is Jackson. Jackson... this is Hope." I walked to them and played with Hope's feet,
I said" Jackson!" Jackson laughed and lifted me up," That's Little sister, but only I call her little sister. So no one else can call her that."
Jackson said" Alright, no one else will." I smiled and Hope played with my fingers.
They were having the wedding, I was supposed to be with Hope and Cami, but I'm looking for Mr. Midnight... I can't find anywhere, and I know he was left here. I don't take him out of the compound... ever.
The wedding stuff was over, I was down here with everyone else, Uncle Klaus came in with Hope.
He said" May I have your attention, please? Hayley if you would join me... I'd like to propose a toast. I want to welcome you all. As you know, last spring Hayley and I had a daughter. Due to tragic circumstance... she was lost. Now she has returned home. Her name is Hope. And she will live here among you. Her pack. Her family. We implore you... protect our daughter. Teach her. Love her as one of your own." I was by Josh and Aiden, holding onto Josh's side, watching the reactions... I don't know if they're happy or not, I don't understand. Uncle Klaus looked at Jackson, he nodded," Jackson. I invite you and your bride... to live here... uniting your proud and noble people... in peace. Welcome to the family, mate. To Jackson and Hayley."

I was looking around, Auntie Beks came up to me, she was in a new body, she said" Come on, love, we've got to go be with Kol."
I said" What's wrong?"
" Love, he's not gonna make it through the night, Finn hexed him." My eyes watered," Come on, now, no crying, none of that. I know how it feels. I've got to go get Elijah and Klaus, I'll be right back." I nodded, she walked away, I gulped... this is the second person Finn Mikaelson is taking from me... I refuse to let him take anyone else! He's not taking anyone else away from me! After a few minutes, Uncle Klaus and Lijah with Auntie Beks came back. We walked out, heading to the cemetery, where Uncle Kol was with Davina.
When we got there,
Uncle Lijah said" I'm afraid that's not an option."
Uncle Klaus said" Always and forever us not just something you weasel out of, brother."

Davina was trying to stop it, my uncles and aunt, and me were by Uncle Kol.
Uncle Kol said" All my life... all I ever wanted was... you lot... to care about me." He started coughing again, Auntie Beks got behind him, and held him,
She said" Kol, listen to me. You don't have long. You're going to die. But you will die a witch... and we will consecrate your body. You will join the ancestors of the French Quarter... and those spirits can be brought back. And I promise you, brother... I will not leave this body until I find a way to bring you home." He coughed again, he's gonna die... just like mommy... but we can bring him back... there's a way to. But we haven't found mommy's body, but then again, I don't think she's in the ancestral plan is where she is. I would know that at least.
Davina said" I tried a different spell."
Kol said" It's okay. I'm not scared." He laughed then he was dead, Davina cried, I was crying too.... Uncle Kol didn't deserve to die, he wasn't the villain in this chapter of our family's story and he died anyways!