Chapter 43

I saw Hope, Hayley was getting her up, I creeped up, speeding behind walls, then to her door. Hayley woke up her, I crouched down to eye level with her.
She said" Peter!" She hugged me, we fell to the ground, she hugged my neck tightly, I smiled, hugging her.
I said" Hey, little sister, miss me?"
" Duh!" I stuck my tongue out at Hayley, she shook her head, smiling at me.
" Alright, Hope, go hug your mom." She let go of me and hugged Hayley, I smiled and sped to my room, getting dressed.

We walked to the porch,
I heard Uncle Nik say" And I'm not asking!" We walked out, Hope was a sensitive kid,
Hayley said" Everybody, look who's awake." Everyone looked at her, I had my hand on her back, trying to reassure her.
She said" Hello." She was nervous, there was a waver in her voice, I sighed.
Uncle Nik said" Hello."
" Mom, can I go play in the garden?"
Hayley said" Yeah, sure." She walked down the stairs, quickly, she's just a bit overwhelmed by everything. Uncle Nik looked at Hayley.

I was leaning against a tree, watching Hope paint, I listened in on Uncle Nik and Hayley.
Uncle Nik said" What terrible things did you tell her?"
Hayley said" I told her that you're a hybrid, like me. I also told her that you're very old, Peter told her you were around with the dinosaurs. Other than that, she's seven- we can wait to share the gory details."
" Well, someone must have disparaged me. Perhaps that crone, Mary..."
" Stop. I've spent five years protecting her from everything, including all the horror stories floating around about you. She doesn't know your history. What she does know is that you protect your family, no matter what."
" And yet she fears me."
" She's a sensitive kid. And you're not exactly calm right now." I sped up to them," You were her fairy tale prince, Klaus. And now you're real. You have a lot to live up to." She walked away, kissing my cheek as she walked past me.
I said" Hey, Uncle Nik."
He said" Dinosaurs?"
" Hey, I had to liven it up, and maybe instead of watching from afar, join her. She loves art."
" It's good to see you haven't changed."
" Me change? Not happening." I sped off, headed up to my room, I fixed my hair, yawning.
I sped to the kitchen and I saw Uncle Kol, Aunt Rebekah and a dead maid.
I said" Nope, I don't want to know." I grabbed a blood bag, grabbing a cup of fruit punch, mixing the two. I sped back outside, Hope just did the healing spell. I sighed, smiling, quickly drinking the mix.
——
I saw a blue light thingy, as I saw Hope looking at it too, I sighed, what is that thing? And why is Hope looking at it?

Uncle Kol said" You should come with me, Bad blood." He was leaving,
I said" I can't, Hope still needs me around, she's my little sister."
" I understand how you feel, I was that way with your mother, never wanted to leave her side. Always wanted to protect her from the dangerous world around us."
" Bye, Uncle Kol, see you soon."
" Bye, Little Bad Blood, live up to that name, will you?"
" I've earned this name, all right? I've done a lot of you things in the past five years."
" I'd love to hear your stories one day."
" I can't wait to tell you." He hugged me, kissing my head and ruffling my hair. Then he was gone.
——
I saw Vincent, and a few kids, a strange man, the kids were being influenced by something...

I woke up, breathing heavily, what's going on?
I heard Hope up, I walked out of my room and followed her,
She said" Dad?" uncle Nik stood up from the seat," I think something's wrong. I had a dream... about a bad man." I walked in, looking at her," He was hurting these kids and I think he hurt me, too. I feel dizzy, and my head hurts."
Uncle Nik said" Hayley!" Hope's nose started bleeding, Hayley ran in,
" Mom, I'm so cold." Hayley hugged her, Hayley looked at me, I walked to her. I placed my hand on Hope's back, something's wrong, I can feel it inside her, I just don't know what it is.

Hayley said" She's never been sick, ever."
Aunt Freya said" This is a magical affliction. It feels... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Almost... cold." I felt something in my pocket, I saw Hayley did too.
" It's from Vincent Griffith. He knows what's wrong with Hope, he can cure her."
I said" But we have to go back to New Orleans."
——
Uncle Nik and Lijah were bickering about who goes back, Hayley and I walked in.
She said" We're all going. She needs me, I need both of you. We're family, we stick together."
I said" And I'm least likely to die first, and Hope needs me."