Chapter 12

I was with Aunt Rebekah when Hayley walked up,
She said" So the witch is missing, huh?"
Aunt Bekah said" Walked right out the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?"
" No, although I did tell her that the witch elders were dead."
" Well, why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?"
" I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated."
" So you are the reason she's run off."
" Hey, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."
" Yeah. Well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait. Elijah will join them, and the 3 of them will be impossible. Used by the witches, lied to by marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus- she's like a modern day casket girl."
" Are you talking about Davina or yourself ?"
" Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together."
I said" Can I be a girl too?"
" Maybe one day, but you're still ours and we stick together." I smiled, she ruffled my hair and smiled at me.

Hayley and I were being followed everywhere by minions,
Hayley said" I know Klaus told you to follow me, but does it really mean you have to follow me to the bathroom?" Hayley's phone rang," Just give me two minutes. It's my gynecologist." She grabbed my hand and we walked away, we went to the garage and she answered," What the hell do you want?"
Sophie said" I know you don't trust me, but you need to listen. Everything is about to change. Davina is on the loose."
" Figured that out on your own, huh? Remind me again why I should give a damn."
" I need something from you so that the witches can complete the harvest."
" On what planet would I help you witches get more power? All you've done is hex me left and right."
" You'll help me because if we don't complete the harvest, our access to magic will fade for good, which doesn't bode well for your family."
" What do you know about my family?"
" You're from the crescent wolf bloodline. Marcel forced a witch to curse them so they'd be trapped in wolf form."
" And I should keep listening to you because—"
" Because my bloodline executed that curse. Help me complete the harvest, and I'll undo the curse for you."
" But what can I do?"
" I need to consecrate the remains of a powerful witch so I can absorb their magic. I know of one whose body was never found. Her name is Celeste Dubois. I believe you and she have a friend in common."
" Elijah."
" Story goes that when she died, he buried her in a secret spot at her request. All you need to do is find out where."
Hayley left to go to the plantation house, while she told me to stay here in case things went south. Which I learned that 'south' also means when things go bad, not like the direction.

Uncle Klaus came into my room,
He said" Come with me." I got up and walked to him, he held my hand as we walked downstairs. Uncle Lijah walked to us,
Uncle Klaus said" Where's Rebekah gotten off to?"
Uncle Lijah said" It's not Rebekah that I'm concerned about, and how can you be so certain that Davina will come?"
" One might think you've forgotten what it's like to be in the grip of an all consuming infatuation. She'll come."
I looked up at the boy on the thingy, I don't want to be apart of this, I want Hayley!
" Are the maudlin theatrics absolutely necessary, Niklaus?"
" Ha! It's a fair point, Timothy, play something a little more upbeat, please. That's a good lad." Marcel came in," Took you long enough to spread the word."
" Well, Have you met his nightwalkers? Not the brightest assortment."
" All that matters is, I got it covered. When Davina gets here, you two need to let me do the talking."
Uncle Klaus said" Well, I'm sure you'll have your chance. Hello, luv." He walked to her, I trailed next to him since he still held my hand," Silence is golden, Timothy. Thank you."
Tim said" Davina?"
Davina said" You got me here. Now let him down."
Uncle Klaus said" Well, first, we have to have a little chat about you returning to the fold."
Marcel said" What did I say, Klaus? I got this. D., what happened? Why'd you run? Talk to me. Hey, I can make
It right."
Davina said" How, by threatening my friend?"
Uncle Klaus said" Actually, that was my idea. Apologies. I've been known to go too far to make a point. But I do always get results."
" You pretend to be so confident, but I know the truth. You're afraid everyone can see what you really are- an animal..." Uncle Klaus pushed me in front of him, I looked up at Davina, shaking, she moved one of her hands and I was lifted up, she brought me away from them and behind her. I ran and hid away from them, I covered my ears and closed my eyes.
I walked out of hiding and saw Josh, I walked to him and held his hand,
Aunt Rebekah said" I've just proven that you can trust me. Now I'd like to show you one more thing. Won't take long. You can bring your friends." I walked to Aunt Rebekah and she grabbed my hand as we walked.

We got to a scary place,
Josh said" Oh, don't worry. They're not really dead, just really hungry, and I'm not helping."
Aunt Rebekah said" You think my brother Nik is awful? Marcel learned from the best. This is how he treats his so called friends who betray him. Most of what these poor souls did is no worse than what Josh did. Take Thierry, for example. He was Marcel's most trusted friend. Klaus tricked him into breaking one of Marcel's rules. Marcel knows this, and yet he keeps Thierry locked in here day after day suffering."
Tim said" This is insane."
Davina said" Why are you telling me this?"
Rebekah said" Because you need to know who you're dealing with, who you can trust."
Tim said" Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay. I mean, you're gonna be alright. Here. Drink something."
" Davina, both you and I have been lied to and taken advantage of by Marcel and Klaus. Maybe together, we can get a little payback." Tim started coughing, then he fell, Davina went to him,
" It was Klaus. He made me do it. I didn't even know what I was doing until I made you-"
Aunt Bekah said" Made her what?"
" Drink."
" Klaus poisoned the water." Davina started whimpering,
Josh said" Davina?" Tim had already fell, and Davina laid next to him. She was breathing weakly, Josh was next to her, I was sitting behind Josh.
Aunt Bekah said" I'm with Davina, and she's dying because of your treachery. Just tell me how to cure her. Vampire blood isn't working. For both of them, you diabolical bastard. They're children, we could've dealt with her fairly." Then she put her phone down, and kneeled down to us, Davina passed out. I looked at the water bottle, and then crawled to it, I dipped my finger into it and pulled it back out. Aunt Bekah looked at me as I was staring at the water on my finger," Peter, no." She grabbed my hand and wiped it off on my shirt, she pulled me to her and held me.
Davina gasped, waking up, she and Josh hugged, then Davina looked at Tim.
She said" Tim. Tim? Tim? Tim, Tim, wake up. Tim, please wake up. Open your eyes. No, no. Please wake up. Please don't leave me alone." I walked to her and hugged her, it's what mommy would've done if she was here.

We got to the compound, I was holding Aunt Bekah's sleeve as we walked in. Davina was in her arms, asleep, Marcel walked up,
He said" Is she okay?"
Aunt Bekah said" She's devastated and exhausted. Where's her room?"
" No. I got her. I got her." He took Davina into his arms,
" Peter, go with him." I held Marcel's sleeve as I yawned, we got to Davina's room. Marcel laid her down on her bed, I started falling asleep standing up.
" She'll never trust me again."
Uncle Lijah said" Perhaps. You must never surrender the fight to reclaim that trust. These drawing, what are they?"
" She drew those the whole time she was in the attic, said they're different than what she draws when she senses magic. These ones, she called them evil." I yawned, looking at the drawings,
I said" Giant puzzle pieces." I yawned again, then walked to Uncle Lijah, he lifted me up on his hip and I fell asleep instantly.