Hooters

AN: Totally inspired by a dream I had just last night. I found it hilarious so I'm writing this for my own amusement haha, enjoy!

Hooters.

One of the world's most famous restaurants, very well known for two things.

Women and wings.

Prince didn't like wings.

In fact, the musical genius didn't care to consume any meat, taking on a vegetarian lifestyle many years before.

But he loved women, indeed.

So there the 45 year old was, sitting in a booth trapped between a wall and a band member, all while the rest indulged themselves on a slow Thursday night.

"Man, you ain't gonna order nothing?" Chance asked from across the table, biting into what Prince just knew was his hundredth wing.

Eyeing the half glass of water and the once bitten tortilla chip before him, he plainly replied, "Nah."

Sucking meat out of his teeth, Chance offered a suggestion.

"Why don't you take a look at the dessert menu? I'm sure they have something to satisfy that sweet tooth you always have."

"How about no?" Prince scoffed. "First off all, y'all begged me to come here knowing good and well I don't partake in y'all's carnivore eating ways. Second, a brotha ain't sure what's in anything. So y'all can just finish up so we can go. I've got a date with the studio."

"Thought you were in rehab?" Teasingly, Candy winked as Prince shot her a look.

"Y'all must don't want y'all jobs?!"

"Easy now boss." Rhonda spoke in a calming voice. "The waitress should be coming back with the next round of fried pickles any second now so leaving is a no."

Sinking in his seat, the rockstar exhaustedly muffled. "Lord, help."

Jogging over to the table, their waitress Sydney had a problem.

"This was totally unexpected but there's an emergency back at my apartment so another girl is going to have to take over for me."

Clearly shaken, members of the band including Prince assured her that everything was fine and wished her the best.

"Thank you. My coworker will be out to serve you guys in a second. Thanks again."

Waving, Prince's eyes landed on one of the tv screens.

Basketball.

Finally. He thought. The food wasn't entertaining so something had to be.

"Hello. My name is Kendra and I'll be taking over for Sydney. Here are your fried pickles."

"Is there anything else you all would like to order?"

Renato smiled, "I don't think so."
Noticing that Prince had almost finished his water, he got his attention.

"Prince? More water?"

"No. No thanks." Prince glanced before doing a double take.

Forget the game, something else had caught his eye.

Both stealing looks from each other, Kendra was shocked to be in the presence of musical royalty.

Prince on the other hand was in awe of the young woman's beauty, and the form fitting barely there uniform she wore sure didn't make it any better.

"On second thought..." he spoke, improving his posture. "I'd like to see the dessert menu."

"S-sure." Kendra slightly stuttered, handing it over.

Glancing over the menu, the artist pretended to eye the sweet items, but his mission was to prolong the time that they were there.

"You know it's a bit hard to choose when everything in front of you looks so good." Prince said, smiling at Kendra. "It's making me quite indecisive. So tell me, Kendra is it?"

"Yes."

"Do you have any special suggestions for me to have something sweet?"

"Um, the caramel cheesecake seems to be a hit with plenty of customers these days."

Chance quickly chimed in. "But he doesn't... is that dairy free?"

"It can be." she informed. "We make sure to accommodate our customers."

Shutting the menu, Prince reached over to hand it directly to her. "I'll take one. And can you put it in a container just in case we decide to go?"

"Of course, no problem."

Circling his straw around the cup, he caught the gaze of every single one of his band members.

"What?"

"Oh you know." Maceo laughed as Rhonda smirked. "You think she's cute don't you?"

There was no sense in denying it, so he didn't.

**

Two bites and fifteen minutes later. The meals were paid for and the band were on their way out....

That is until Prince mysteriously had to use the restroom.

"Want us to wait on you?" John asked.

"No. Y'all go on. I'm certain it ain't gon take long."

So out there door the band went, leaving Prince inside. Walking back to the main floor, he peered over to see Kendra clearing the table.

Easing behind her, he whispered quietly.

"Boo."

"Oh!" she jumped. "You scared me."

Laughing, "C'mon now that wasn't all that scary."

"You're right." Kendra agreed. "I'm just easily frightened. Did you forget something?"

"Possibly."

"Possibly?" she repeated, face twisting from confusion. "What is it?"

"Your number."

"Really? You want my number?"

"Yes. Is that so hard to believe?"

Grinning and without question, she ripped a page from her notepad, jotting down her digits and handing it to him.

Eyeing her penmanship, "Kenny?"

"Yep. That's what everyone pretty much calls me."

"Cute." Prince nodded. "But I actually like Kendra best.

"Hey..." she lifted the tray of empty plates.

"Whatever you want. It's your call."