Hooters: Kenny & P - Date One

AN: This is a continuation of the Hooters one shot. Please read it before this. 💜

It was his call.

Not long after meeting, Prince put her number and his newly purchased cellular device to good use

Not long after meeting, Prince put her number and his newly purchased cellular device to good use. Usually the one up for nights of girl talk with her friends, Kendra now had Prince on the receiving end. Countless conversations about life, religion, love, and music, their talks drew them together, but only the physical contact would bring them closer.

So during a tour break with some time to spare, Prince promised Kendra a date back in her home state.

The Peach State, that is.

"Now you know since your pretty self got me all the way back down here in Georgia, you'll be coming to Minnesota for next time."

"Next time?" Kendra questioned, sipping from her glass of wine. "Is that your way of asking me on a second date?"

"It depends. Are you interested in another date?"

"Nope."

His pretty browns widened, "No?"

"I'm kidding," Laughing, her right hand grasped ahold to his. "You can breathe now."

"Oh. You ought to not do that, that's enough to make a brotha pass out."

Grinning, "I'm sorry ba-"

She stopped herself.

"Forgive me."

"Why'd you stop?" Prince asked as the waitress cleared their table.

"Because... it's too soon to come off so strong. I never meant to be so forward."

"It's never too soon when you know what you want."

That sent Kendra blushing, "Hush."

"It's true."

"Mhmm-hmm."

Grabbing his jacket, Prince stood. "Let's get out of here."

"And go where?"

"Your place."

"My place?" she suddenly felt embarrassed of her apartment. "No, I mean. Really it's nothing special."

"I beg to differ."

"Yeah?"

"It has to be, belonging to a special woman like you. Besides, nothing to feel self conscious about, we all got to start somewhere."

Jacket zipped, Kendra joined his welcoming hand.

"You're right."

Date one? Success. But what more does the night have in store for these two? Stay tuned for the rest ✨