Karmen x Prince | One

April, 2004

Karmen Aurora Brown.

Actress, businesswoman, mother...

And one small detail that the industry just can't seem to let her forget...

She's the Purple One's ex.

Back in 1990, the then twenty year old enrolled at Hillman College, starring on A Different World for a number of episodes, causing the up and coming starlet to catch the eye of the musician.

Nude Tour finished, Prince returned to the states and set his plan into motion. His people contact her people? Wasn't as easy as he predicted and proved to be unsuccessful.

But 1991 set out to be different, bringing Prince a two times platinum album, a slew of hits, and a new babe on his arm.

Things got heavy, real fast. No one could deny the chemistry and the sexual attraction spewing from the two beings. Her silk pressed shoulder length tresses, bronzed skin, and dimples when she smiled...

Yeah those dimples really drove him wild.

And Prince himself? Well...

Resist? Karmen didn't stand a chance

A natural high some call it, neither of them had experienced anything quite like it before. Lavish gifts and expensive trips were only a small portion of their relationship.

But unfortunately things went sour not too long after. Fights and infidelities on both ends ultimately caused their demise.

In the end? Karmen married an anesthesiologist and Prince wedded a dancer, both in 1996.

But their unions in Holy Matrimony didn't last either.

Karmen abruptly left her husband in 1998, and was given sole custody of their daughter Leah.

Prince officially divorced the dancer in 2000.

Years had gone by and the two ended contact, one purposely.. and one forced.

But the truth was that neither could ever stop thinking of each other, no matter what circumstances ended them.

"If it comes back, it's yours," a quote that's been shared throughout all time.

They were due to go back to one another, and which neither saw coming nor expected it.