Violet's Guitar

It's the early morning hours, twenty minutes after 3 a.m. to be exact. Paisley Park is quiet, a little bit too quiet for Prince Nelson's liking. For the last week or so, the complex has been a dead zone, thanks to a nasty fall that Prince took during a party he decided to host after a show.

Nasty and painful for sure, leaving the musician's right foot fractured in two places.

Nearly confined to bed, his phone call ends with a friend. Now it's just his PC, and a pint of strawberry Häagen Dazs to keep him company.

After checking his work and personal emails, he heads over to a website that he's recently taken interest in.

www.youtube.com

Out of curiosity, Prince searches his name. He's completely thrilled at the results which are in fact nothing but a few song covers.

Once his curiosity is fulfilled, he searches the term guitar and continues to scroll down the list of videos.

Violet's Guitar, the catchy username captures his attention, instantly clicking on the profile.

Violet Blu is her name, well at least that is what she goes by. She's 28 years old, a vocalist and multi- instrumentalist, skilled in piano, percussion, and violin.

But strumming guitars is her main thing.

A video he chooses titled 'My First', and the talent speaks.

"My blu-birds, it's been awhile. I've missed you all."

Just by her voice alone, he's completely mesmerized.

"For today, I've chose to cover the very first song that I learned to play on guitar, Joni Mitchell's A Case Of You."

Grinning, Prince is certain he's come to the right place.

Strumming the guitar, she sings.

🎵 I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
I used to be frightened by the devil
And drawn to those who weren't afraid
Remember when you told me
That love was touching souls?
Surely you touched mine
Part of you pours out of me from time to time in these lines
You are in my blood like holy wine
You are so bitter and so sweet
I could drink a case of you darling
And still be on my feet
Still be on my feet🎵

He's fully captivated during the guitar break, eyes following every strum, his heart welcoming every note. A subtle hum she does, accompanying the melody which takes his mind off of the music, focusing on her.

Beautiful, he can't help but to think, glancing over her head of untidy curls and unique features.

With no doubt in mind, he's definitely a new fan.

Break ending, she finishes.

🎵 You are in my blood like holy wine
So bitter, so bitter, so bitter
And so sweet
I could drink a case of you darling
And still be on my feet
Still be on my feet
Still be on my feet
And still be on my feet 🎵

"Alright," she laughs, placing the guitar on her lap. "Sue me. That was more of Prince's cover but who doesn't love a good mix of the two? If you've made it this far, I want to say thanks for taking some time out of your day or night to come hang with little ol' me. I do appreciate it. And before I go, remember to love. It cost nothing to be a blessing for someone else, peace."

Video finishing, he twiddles his fingers against his chin.

The light bulbs on, and his mind is brewing. Going back to the main page of Violet's account, he presses the info tab. Skimming over her small biography, his eyes land on her business email.

VioletBrooks7@gmail.com

Maybe just maybe, Paisley Park's brush with silence would finally be ending.