Karmen x Prince | Two

May 29, 2004
The Venetian Hotel 
& Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada

From her back to an upright position, seven year old Leah watched as her mother placed on a pair of diamond studded, diamond earrings.

Karmen's mini couldn't help but stare at the chosen attire too.

"I see you looking," she smiled at her baby's reflection in the mirror

"I see you looking," she smiled at her baby's reflection in the mirror. "What's your verdict?"

"Well," her finger tapped at her chin. "I like it but where's the rest at mommy?"

Karmen turned to just stare at her.

"Are you trying to get me a new daddy? If so, make sure whoever you bring back is tall, dark, handsome, and wealthy. That way he can donate to all the less fortunate people and animals like we do!"

One heel on and the other in hand, "So," Karmen eased unto the edge of the bed. "That's tall.."

"Check."

"Dark."

"Check, check."

"Handsome and wealthy.."

Leah nodded, "Check, check, check and check!"

"Gotcha." Last heel on, Karmen grabbed her purse and kissed Leah before she left.

"Alright toots, be good for Ericka okay? She's right through those connecting doors."

"Mommy, I got this." she assured as she held Karmen's face. "But you be good. Don't do anything that I wouldn't do."

𝒦♡𝒫

Tiger Jam
Mandalay Bay Resort
& Casino

Star studded is a word that one would describe the event. It was the 7th annual Tiger Jam and so many familiar faces had come out.

Karmen arrived and held the attention through everyone's eyes as she worked the red carpet, waving and flirting with numerous cameras.

Chatting with actress Aisha Tyler, the two ladies were called upon by golf king Tiger Woods, with a pal by his side.

"Hello!" Tiger greeted as they shared an embrace. Hugging onto Aisha, Prince's eyes wouldn't move from Karmen.

Catching on to what was happening, Aisha winked before excusing herself. Tiger followed suit shortly after.

"Rory," Prince's baritone practically sung, causing Karmen's tummy to flutter. "Didn't expect to see you but I'm glad you're here."

"Likewise Roger. Well don't you still clean up nice? You look good."

"Yeah but you look even better."

Ah, the famous flirt

Ah, the famous flirt. Prince couldn't help and surely wasn't telling a lie. From the moment that Tiger tapped his shoulder and nodded in Karmen's direction, he had watched every moved she made and every photo a photographer stopped her to take.

And that dress? The material rode every curve and extra hips that motherhood had blessed her with.

Her ex lover couldn't deny that it was one hell of a ride he was still interested in

"You know," Karmen nudged his chin to keep them eye to eye. "If you stare any harder, the dress might just come off."

"Well damn, allow a brotha to keep going then."

She just laughed.

"How long are you willing to be out tonight?" Prince questioned. "If my memory serves me correct it's nearly your bedtime, grandma."

"Whoa there," her hands waved in a warning manner. "I actually stay up much later since I've grown up, you know."

"Mhm, I can see that. And I mean it with the upmost respect and admiration."

Rolling her eyes, "Why do you ask smooth talker? What's on your mind?"

"Stay out with me tonight."

Karmen jumped in interest but quickly declined.

"Tempting love but, I can't."

"And my I ask how come?"

"Leah."

"Oh," Beaming at the name of the child he so wished they shared, Prince nodded. "I understand mama, didn't know she was here."

"Yep. School's out now and Ericka's watching her. I'm sure the little rugrat will be calling to remind me of the curfew she made."

"Curfew huh? Guess again it won't be so easy after all."

"What?"

"You and me."

If she wasn't blushing before, that surely did it.

"Listen I promised the kid that I'd take her around tomorrow. Since you're playing all nice tonight, you can join us if you like."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude on y'all's bonding time."

"No worries, we'll be fine."

"If that's the case, I'd love to."

Exchanging numbers, the ex lovers enjoyed the festivities and a bit more time together before Karmen was due for curfew. So grateful, Prince was for the opportunity. It was his mission to finally get things right.

The musician longed for this love he's always wanted to last a lifetime.