The Wait

Eleven months and what seems like their thousandth date, Prince sits across from the young lady that he so happily calls his baby

Eleven months and what seems like their thousandth date, Prince sits across from the young lady that he so happily calls his baby. She's stunning, youthful, and sweet. Everything and more that the artist likes. Exclusively they've been known as an item since month two, inseparable is what most have stamped them.

Their relationship has been nothing but enjoyable and full of love.

But Prince is secretly struggling with something.

His baby is hardcore celibate.

That's right. No sex, no heavy petting, no rubbing.

Nothing.

Well, except a kiss.

Initially, it wasn't an issue and he thought the idea was great. Actually, he still does, but the want for love making seems to plague him.

And that's what he's afraid of. He doesn't want to be consumed by the physical, but God how he yearns to please her, so much that he's selfless, not too much thinking of himself.

His girl? Yeah, she doesn't have a clue. After a lecture she gave on how he could find success with celibacy too, she seems to forget just how much of a sexual being she's dealing with.

....or so he thinks.

See Prince, he's dealt with many, and surely he's had a plenty. So a few months without rumbling in the sheets? Cool.

Or was that just her incredible convincing?

She rambles on about some drama that has taken place with her family. Nodding, he hears her, but not really.

His mind is in another place.

"Darling?" she calls, intertwining their fingers. "You heard me?"

"Yeah honey, I heard you."

"You didn't. No need to tell a lie. What's the matter love?"

Love.

Hearing that makes him smile.

"Babe? What is it?"

Sighing, "Honest?"

She smiles, "Yes please."

"These months I've spent in your presence has been nothing short of amazing. I never knew that I could love and care for another the way I do you. You've taught me so much just from your unconditional love, especially patience. But mama, I'm afraid that it's running thin."

Her smile fades, quick to question his last statement

"Prince. What do you mean?"

"The sex thing. The waiting." He tries to explain, but his words aren't there. Glancing down, he rests his head in the palms of his hands.

"Sweetheart I love you, you know that I do. I never want to pressure you into doing anything that you ain't ready for. But damn I'd be lying if I won't admit this. It's hard."

Silently she sits which makes him panic, gulping down his drink.

"Are you hard now?"

Shocked he spits out the mouthful of water, trying his best to fathom the words she said.

"H-huh?"

Giggling, "I asked are you hard now?"

Quirking his brow, "Not yet."

"Listen, all jokes aside I've wondered, but you've done a wonderful job keeping your thoughts to yourself. Please know that I want to make love to you. Prince, I wasn't going to make you wait forever," she admits.

"I know. I just didn't want you to feel rushed."

"Babe trust me, you've never made feel that way. If anything, you've done more for me than other partner I've had and that's accept my wants and still love me. No one's ever been able to fully do that."

He was relieved. The fear of her becoming angry had vanished.

"Besides, don't you remember what I told you?"

Leaning closer, "What's that?"

"Twelve."

"Wait? What?"

"Twelve my love. At the strike of midnight, you and I officially make twelve months. There's no way I'm waiting longer than a year."

"So you mean... we.."

"Yes, we can. I guess I can go on and say Happy Anniversary."

He can't believe it, and boy is he ecstatic.

Dedication, love, and patience in relationships will always pay off...

.... especially when your significant other is worth every bit of the wait.

 especially when your significant other is worth every bit of the wait