Amare | Chapter Twelve Deleted Scene

Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Conference Day Two
Mia's POV

Sitting at a table with three other ladies, my eyelids grew extremely heavy. Conference Day One was presented very well and completely interactive. But this? Beyond boring. I sleepily watched as Deloris, co-head of the conference spoke dryly giving us unnecessary information.

"Where the hell is Tiffany?" A woman next to me leaned over. "She needs to come wake this place up."

"You can say that again." I agreed while stretching my arms. "I know for sure that I got a good eight hours of rest in last night and she's making me feel like I got one."

"Ahem!" Deloris cleared her throat while looking our way. Her glasses tipped down the bridge of her nose as she shuffled her papers together. "That is all for today, you're free to go."

"Thank you Lord." I blurted while slowly standing. My feet were killing me thanks to them making us walk and stand the for first part of the day. And of course the pumps I wore didn't help.

Somewhat limping over to the lobby to take the elevator, an alert blared from my phone indicating I had gotten a message.

Inbox
PRN (1)

I gulped. "Floor eight please sir." I smiled at the older gentleman standing next to me.

Exhaling loudly, I read the messages.

PRN (1)

Hi. Free 2 day. I know that U R 2 since it's after 3. Can I pls come 2 see U?

"Uh miss? Are you getting off?"

"Pardon?"

"We're on the eighth floor, miss."

"Oh!" I laughed. "Thanks!"

Making my way to my room, I replied to Prince. But judging by how quickly he called, I'm sure he didn't care for my response.

"Yes?"

"Mia we need to talk."

"Prince we're talking now."

"You know what I mean." His words flowed through his smooth baritone. "I have to see you face to face. Besides, you've been here since Sunday and we haven't had one session."

He was right.

"Fine. What's your location again? I'll call a cab."

"No. I'm coming to you."

"But you don't know where I'm at."

"Did you forget that I have the itinerary? I'm sure Brian told you. What a nice boss you have, he's so kind."

I wanted to smash my phone into the wall.

"Yeah, he's nice alright."

"Give me about forty minutes ok?" Prince asked. "And I need the room number."

"Room 806."

"I'm on the way."

After that, the line went dead.