Revamps & Rendezvous

AN: As requested, for Dwebb88 .
[nah-DEE-rah ] is the pronunciation of the young woman's name.

Nadirah sighs, tapping the black ballpoint pin against the stack of documents before her.
Glancing upwards at the clock, she slowly shuffles, adjusting her body yet again in the seat.

Tired? Yes.
But that word's an understatement to how she truly feels.

See, at twenty five, Nadirah's finally in the final year of her law program's internship.

The end, it's so close that she can see, but still yet so far away.

She and stress has become close over the last few years, continuously drowning in a slew of assignments, case after case, not to mention her duties of caring for a paraplegic father, and two younger siblings.

Yes, this is what her young life consists of.

Twenty five feels more like sixty five.

But despite the overwhelming amount of responsibility, Nadirah's determined to stay on track.

She wants to make it.

She wants to be somebody.

But before all of that, she has to push through the stack of documents in order to get her ass home first.

Suzie, a close friend and fellow colleague, enters the room just in time to see Nadirah completely zoned out.

"It's 2:36," Suzie announces. "You're not even half way done and Crayton wants us finished by 4."

Completely unfazed, "I'm tired."

Suzie's shoulders hump, "So am I. But you've got to finish so you won't be stuck doing anything this weekend. You can't miss Derrick's going away dinner."

Nadirah's browns narrow, right brow arching at her friend's statement.

"Nayda has a soccer game Saturday, I'm going."

"I'm sure it'll be over by 3, the dinner isn't until 7." Suzie responds.

"Okay but I may make dinner or just take them out. Besides, ain't too keen on this whole idea, he's going away for auto theft and I'm starting to think all of y'all crazy."

Suzie complies. "Alright. I'm just saying that I know all of this is stressful, and you've got plenty to take on at home. We're still so young girl, learn to take time for yourself and have some fun."

Fun.
A word Nadirah feels is so overused.
A word she hasn't been able to understand in years.

"Fun? That's funny. When have I ever had time for anything fun? Just face it Suzie, cause I sure have. My life ain't like yours."

Words stinging, but Suzie just brushes it off, she knows that she means no harm.

"So no to the dinner.."

"Absolutely."

"Will you say no to everything that I offer?"

Brushing her braids on her left side, Nadirah's mind wonders as Suzie's light bulb illuminates.

"What?"

"What if I give you something? Something to contact someone that I know will give you a good time?"

"Suzie what are you talking about? This better not be no freaky shit."

Half smirking, Suzie reaches into her bag, quickly retrieving and opening her wallet.

"Now I know this might seem crazy but girl trust me," she hands over a small card.
"A friend of a friend, you won't be disappointed."

Black all over with peachy hued writing, Nadirah's thumb grazes over the font, eyes quickly widening at the name.

"I-is this a girl!? Suzie I'm not-"

"Shh! Just call the number and go from there. Trust me, it's not what you think."

Gathering her belongings, Suzie swiftly heads towards the door, leaving Nadirah entirely dumbfounded.

"Camille?"