Karmen x Prince | Three

Flashback
12•7•1992
The Galpin House

Author's note:

The following short contains a discussion involving domestic violence. Although it is not extremely detailed, please read at your own discretion.

𝒦♡𝒫

Two souls weeped out that day.

And so did sky, thick and gray clouds poured so continuously, Minnesota hadn't seen a December rainstorm quite like it before.

Boxes upon boxes along with duffle bags and other miscellaneous items crowded the living room and hallway.

Wretched and powerless, the thirty four year old musician waited for Karmen to arrive and gather her belongings.

But what he didn't know was that she was already there.

Broken, she solemnly gazed from her vehicle at the home she once loved, but in that moment hated. The home where feelings of unthinkable love were first created, only to be destroyed by jealousy and the undying fact that they both betrayed every promise made.

Weary, she stepped out into the storm, not even caring enough to shield herself from the downpour.
Karmen was done, she just wanted everything to be over with.

Slightly jumping at the doorbell ringing, Prince's heart began to race. On the surface he didn't know why, but deep down inside he did. He was nervous. For days this was the very moment he had been dreading. Saying goodbye wasn't something he ever planned to do.

However, the two conflicted hearts had betrayed each other, so ultimately, it had to be done.

The door opened, and he was faced with a sight that snapped his heart strings. Soaking wet and shivering, the love of his life just stood there sobbing.

"Ror-"

"I'm sorry," Karmen managed to say, choking out her words. "I was angry, I didn't want to do it. I shouldn't have let him touch me... I hate that things have fallen apart and that we can't be together."

But we can...

So bad, Prince wanted to say. But he didn't, his pride just stood in the way.

"Please say something..."

"I don't have nothing to say to you.."

Mid sob her head snapped up, only to reveal an angered expression that slowly formed.

"Nothing to say? What do you mean you don't have nothing to say?"

"I mean exactly what I said." Stepping aside, Prince beckoned her. "Just get your things and leave."

Purposely she pushed past him. She couldn't believe how nonchalant and careless he was being about everything. But what she didn't realize that it was all a front, the guy was really hurting inside.

He blamed himself. If only he would've communicated more, then she would have. If only he would've stayed faithful, Karmen would have never retaliated.