The white lie

After a few minutes, the scarf girl came in from the kitchen; holding two bags filled with different flavours of mochies.

"Sir. Your mochies. " she beamed.

Namjoon got up and made his way to the counter.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to ask you what flavour did you want and how many would you like to buy earlier, so I just put all the flavours that are available." she showed two bags filled about 10 mochies in it.

"Oh. "

"Oh. Is it too much? Do you want to exclude some of them? " Liana asked the man in front of her.

"No. This is perfectly fine. Just enough for a person's tummy. Thanks. "

The statement from Namjoon just made Liana widened her eyes.

20 mochies for a person's tummy?!

Woah. This guy must be really addicted to mochies.

"Don't get it wrong, I'm buying it for my friend, not me." he said.

"Oh. Ehehe. Sorry. Is my reaction is too obvious? " she asked while her face started tinted to red.

"Kinda. " Namjoon chuckled towards her behaviour; he can hear the girl looked sideways and mumbled 'oh god, I've just humiliated myself. '

The girl took a calculator and calculate for the price.

"That will be 15."

"What? Are you sure? " Namjoon asked; disbelief.

"Err. Yeah? "

Namjoon didn't believed it so he took the calculator from her and calculate by himself. The girl flinched; did she do any wrong?

After the calculate, Namjoon give her a judgemental look; he showed the real price to her.

20.

"Why did you give a lower price instead? "

"Cause there's a discount? " she eyed him weirdly.

"If this thing goes on, the bakery will get a low of profit. Haven't you ever think of that? " without his realisation, Namjoon accidently leaned closer to the scarf girl.

Liana felt uncomfortable with the close gap between them; she took a step back.

"Well yeah I do. But I think way more than just earning profits. Money can come and goes. It's the subject of 'giving ' and 'helping' people I'm more concerned to. " her words made Namjoon taken aback.

Interesting.

"At least I'm giving you half of the price. I'll help you save money so yeah. Be grateful." she made a poker face.

Namjoon blinked at her numerous times.

"I'll take that as a thank you." Liana sarcastically said. Namjoon looked at her; cocking his eyebrows.

"Pfft. Hey, I'm only joking. Don't be so serious." she giggled.

"You are really... Extra." Namjoon shook his head. He took out the cash from his wallet and handed it to her.