Reunited

I felt a rush as I fell through the air and into the hole. I laugh to myself before I land roughly in a net and bounce up. I cry out in pain as I feel the scabs ripping. So I can jump off a moving train and be fine, but hitting a net is what caused them to split? Is that irony or am I just reading into it too much?

I feel the net dip and I am greeted by a pair of hands reaching out to help me off. I am pulled off and placed on my feet. Turning around to thank whoever helped me I came face to face with the person I had been wanting to see for two years. 

I gasp and look at him longer, my he has changed, he grew and became more muscular. He kept his hair the same length and I could see the edges of a tattoo peeking over the neck of his shirt. A glint of recognition and relief are flooding through his eyes.

"What's your name?" I frowned before catching on, he wanted to see if I was changing it. I think hard for a moment, considering if I wanted to change it or not. "My name is Max." Tobias smiles at me. "My name is Four." he turns to the crowd, face serious and says, "First jumper, MAX!" The crowd goes wild and I am ushered away for the next person to drop down into the net. 

"Welcome to Dauntless," He says before turning his attention away from me. 

The blood, I feel is now trickling down my back. It didn't bleed much when the cut first happened, but this time it felt that because it was jostled, it was deeper now. 

Tris, as she now calls herself, was the second to jump. I tried to hid a giggle as my brother failed to hide not checking her out. He liked her and judging by the look on her face, she liked him too.

***

Finally, all the initiates had jumped and now it was Eric's turn as he plopped down and got out of the net with no help. Walking to stand next to Four, as I now have to get used to calling him, he crossed his arms and glared at the group.

"Initiates, eyes on me," came Fours stern voice, this was going to take some getting used too. We all turn to him and he begins his speech, "To all that are new here, my name is Four and as you have already learned this is your faction leader Eric. Dauntless borns will be training with Lauren, while the transfers will train with me and Eric.

"I will give you a tour of the compound before you head to dinner. Dauntless-borns, follow Lauren if you need a tour of the compound that would be just sad." A few people snicker while I just think, 'When will this pain end?' I hate Marcus.

As we walk around for our tour I slow down after feeling weakened, we were just in the first hallway, but the physical aspect made the blood flow faster down my body. I stumble around a bit until Christina catches on to what's happening. 

"Um, Four?" He turns to snap at Christina but seeing me leaning against the wall trying to catch my breath changes his attitude quickly. The blood must be visible now because when he came closer, he paled. "Give me a minute Max, hold on." Big brother mode came on. 

"T-Tobi, it's nothing. Just a scra-tch." He shakes his head, "It's not nothing, you look like you're going to pass out." 

He was on the phone with someone and suddenly Eric appears and I am laying on the ground with a crowd of transfers around me. "I'll get her to the infirmary and alert the other leaders, you continue the tour and keep I'll keep you posted," Eric said and I could see Four struggling to make up his mind. 

He sighed, knowing he couldn't go against a leader, "Tell them while you do call them, that I need to talk about something important. It needs to be discussed before tomorrow morning." Eric nods and picks me up.  

I groan opening my eyes, I don't remember even falling asleep, but when I look around, I know I am in the infirmary. Four and Eric were glaring and whispering harshly at each other in the corner of the room. "Knock it off lovebirds. Are either of you going to tell me what's going on?"
Four looks to be close to tears and Eric smirks at that. Yup I was right, he's a heartless asshole.