0.2 // Dopamine

Bristol, England

I think the worst part about being the merch girl, other than the fact that Jawn has taken my photographer spot, rightfully so, is having to sort everything that was tightly packed into boxes that had to be brought on the plane. Everything was unorganized, various shirts of various sizes in the same box not making it easy by any means. What was even worse was that I was alone doing this, not for long though which was good. In about thirty minutes after the guys did their soundcheck I would be able to spend a little time with Awsten before they brought the VIP kiddos in for their pictures and Q&A.

Another upside was the fact that Lucas and Jawn did a little Starbucks run before so I was happily sipping on my white chocolate mocha while organizing everything. After this I'll probably never want to see another t-shirt ever again, but that probably would benefit Awsten the most out of anyone so I'll keep my clothes on for now.

I was a little scared for this show, not gonna lie. It's my first show outside of America and I have no idea what to expect, how will the fans across the pond react to me? How will they react to the band? The VIP kiddos, will they be nice or mean? I have too many questions that need to be answered, but for the time being I have to sort these shirts as quickly as possible so I can spend a little time with the guys before the meet and greets.

As time passed and the contents of my Starbucks dwindled I was closer and closer to seeing the guys and finishing the sorting. I was halfway through the last box when I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I dropped the shirt I had in my hand and pulled the phone out to see who was calling me.

Lucas (TM)

I immediately accepted the call and put the phone to my ear, getting back to sorting while talking to Lucas. "Hey Lucas, what's up?" I started. I was a little concerned as to why he was calling me, usually he would take the time to tell me in person but I guess he may be busy with the stage.

"Hey. So we're a little short on people to help with the VIP and since Jawn is taking tour videos inside and outside the venue I was wondering if you'd wanna take my spot and take the photos? Super easy job, I just figured since you were supposed to be a photographer I'd ask you and we can have one of the other guys work the early table while you're doing it."

I furrowed my brows while he spoke, continuing to sort and fold the shirts before I had time to speak. I leaned up against the table, holding the phone up to my ear and looking up at the ceiling. Realistially, I shouldn't because I'm scared of the fans seeing me or Awsten making a sly comment and having it blow up all over twitter, but at the same time Awsten. I'd be able to spend a little more time with him, even if it wasn't one on one I was still able to see his face for much longer than usual. 

I first nodded to myself before answering Lucas, "Yeah, sure, that's no problem!"

"Okay, perfect. Jawn is gonna lend you the DSLR he's not using to also take photos during the Q&A, just be in the main area by 4." I remembered how I didn't pack my camera for this tour, agreeing with Awsten that since it was a short run that Jawn would be in charge of most of the photography.