0.9 // Stay Awake

a/n : yo i'm fucking nocturnal man, i'll be writing and updating until I pass out. Also, I was listening to Niki Fm and Speeding Up the Octaves the whole time I was writing this so listen to Hawthorne Heights because I said so xx

also this is a little fill but also has some importance within it

London, England

Manchester came and went, another day that was more hectic than the last. I haven't even had time to go on my phone other than answering texts from Lucas and checking my emails for coupons I know I would never use. We were in London early enough to stop and get some Starbucks that was right across the street from the venue before we had to get into a sprinter to Rocksound Headquarters. Jawn was taking the primary photos of them, but he had begged me to come along instead of sleeping in like I wanted to. He only said something about behind the scenes photos he wanted to post on his Instagram and some name that I forget the more and more I try to think of it.

Awsten ordered my drink for me while I sat down at a table close to the line, the hood of my hoodie pulled up and the strings pulled in so you could barely see my face. Something about being up this early mixed with the cold and dare I say crisp London air had me feeling like crap. It could also be the sore throat and stuffy nose that I gained over the last day, I swear someone in Manchester was out to get me by giving me whatever I had.

I didn't even try to get dressed, wearing a grey hoodie that might be Awsten's or could be Otto's that I found on the couch. I was wearing a pair of leggings that were wrinkled from being stuffed in my suitcase, and the first pair of shoes that I found, red vans. It definitely wasn't my best matching outfit, but it did the job.

Awsten walked over to me, wearing the same dead expression that I was wearing, and handed me my drink. If there was one thing that Awsten has rubbed off on me was his choice in drinks. The iced Americano making my mouth water just looking at it. His hand was held out after he handed me my drink, so I took it in mine and allowed him to pull me up.

No talking was needed, we both knew how we felt and we were not in the mood to make conversation. Mornings were never easy with us, never wanting to get out of bed and start the day, but with his over-productive personality he was always the one to drag me out of bed and do something. Today was not the case, waking up and having to go to Rocksound almost immediately was not how either of us wanted to start our day. Although we do love everyone at Rocksound, we wished that they didn't have us there at the asscrack of dawn.

The sprinter ride to Rocksound was silent, except the sound of Jawn going through his camera case and repeating to himself the contents of his bag, making sure he didn't forget a thing. While I love that man, I wanted nothing more than for him to shut up. There was a growing pain in between my eyes that I knew wasn't going to go away anytime soon, especially with the whispering about camera lenses.

The Rocksound offices looked just as I pictured them, fun and crazy with a sliver of professionalism. We were led into the shooting room for the pictures, no one was in there except the six of us, which made it a lot easier on my growing headache.

I thanked Jawn lowly as he handed me the camera he packed for me, before sitting cross-legged on the floor behind Jawn, watching as the three guys joined us back in the room wearing what they had packed to shoot in. Awsten, of course, looked as good as ever and I could feel 5% of my headache leave my body.

We were in there for about an hour and a half, people occasionally coming in and saying hello before walking back out. Everyone's mood shifted slightly to a better one, even mine regardless of my constant sniffling and readjusting of my eyes because of the lights.

The interview was next, and at that point I had watched Awsten down the rest of his watered-down Americano to give him a quick boost of energy that he lacked in comparison to Otto and Geoff who were business as usual. He kissed the top of my head before they all left, leaving me and Jawn in the shooting room as we looked over some of the pictures.

Jawn laughed at me as I sniffled for what was probably the 300th time in the past twenty minutes. "You know Lucas will kill you if Awsten gets sick."

I rolled my eyes, sniffling once more. "I'm not sick, it's the allergies."

"It's September..." He trailed off with a chuckle at the end, unplugging his camera from the desktop and wrapping it up. I was thankful we were done with this, I needed a nap desperately and I wasn't sure if I could stand another waking moment sniffling like a toddler with a head cold.

At around 2 pm we were all back in the sprinter, Awsten leaning his head up against my shoulder as I leaned mine against the window. I was close to falling asleep before we got to the venue with enough time to spare to get back on the bus and take a nap.

Awsten pulled us out of the sprinter, lazily walking towards the bus. "I need to sleep," he yawned, pulling me into him by my shoulders as we got closer. I nodded in agreement, leaning my head into his shoulder for a minute before we detached to walk onto the bus.

Awsten mumbled something about getting a water bottle as I walked towards his bunk, pulling myself up as much as I could and pulling the curtain back. I noticed a few scattered pieces of paper, not paying much attention to them put moving them into a pile and picking them up.

"Hand those to me," I heard Awsten behind me, louder than before but that wasn't hard to do since we were barely above a whisper before.

I looked down at him, furrowing my brows slightly but I handed him the papers. "What is it?" I questioned as he took them and I pulled myself fully into his bunk. He was out of sight for a second before coming back and pulling himself up onto the bunk.

"Some fan letter I got yesterday," he said quickly, ducking slightly and he got under the blanket with me. "Didn't have time to read it all last night."

I nodded, humming at his response and wrapping my arm around his torso when he fully laid down. I wasn't in the headspace to think about the papers, while it seemed like way too long of a note for a fan to bring to a show, I didn't really care all too much. Whatever it was, the thought of it wasn't nearly as appealing as being wrapped around Awsten on the brink of a nap.

I N S T A G R A M

stellataylor @AwstenKnight about to give @JawnRocha a run for his money

::comments::

fan1: please don't let him near a camera

fan2: RELEASE THE JAWN PHOTOS NOW OR ELSE STELLA

fan3: probably should be saying that to yourself

fan4: @fan3 dude have you even seen her work? shes amazing...