1.0 // Heart

a/n : the song is can you feel my heart, pretend like you know what's going to happen...

Brighton, England

Today was the last day in England before we go back to Europe for a couple of days, and for some reason as much as I wanted to see the rest of Europe I also wanted to stay here for a little longer. Maybe it was because I didn't want to travel that far with how sick as I was. 

The past few days made my small cold turn into a much bigger one, meaning I was wearing a face mask in order to protect everyone else around me. Thankfully, Awsten had a plain black one he never used that he offered to me. Between taking photos and handing out merch I couldn't risk getting anyone sick, especially the guys on the bus. 

I was trapped in the backroom, instructed by Lucas that he would find someone else to take care of merch for the day so I didn't have to deal with working while being sick. The worst part was that it wasn't even the last show, and I really wanted to go in and watch the band perform for the last time in England before the Europe shows.

It was only 6 pm so they weren't on stage yet, I still had a few hours before they went on stage but I was beginning to get restless. I haven't found an interesting youtube video in hours and my mind was not in the state to watch another episode of The Office after watching almost a whole season before bed last night.

I got up off the sofa, setting my laptop down before walking out to the front room. I didn't know what to do, I was walking around the bus aimlessly, sniffling and breathing heavily because of the mask. I went to the fridge, looking through it to find the blueberries that Awsten hid in the back knowing I would eat them even though he told me not to. We were leaving in a day so I can eat whatever I wanted.

I sat in the front room in silence as I let my eyes wander and popped blueberries in my mouth. I looked over to the table where Awsten's laptop was set up, the screen still lit up from where he left it a few hours ago. I took myself and the blueberries to the chair by his laptop and sat down, truly debating if I should just close his laptop or not. If there's something important on it I didn't want to be the one to ruin it, but also if I kept it open I would have no self-control and have to look at whatever he was working on.

I noticed Reaper open, the software the band uses to record, and immediately got intrigued, closing the box of blueberries and setting them aside as I get myself comfortable. I knew they were releasing some stuff soon but I never asked to hear whatever they may have been recording. I knew one song that was written only, but that was written a while ago and Awsten and I have already discussed that.

----------------------------------

"Is this about me?" I asked him, my voice a little louder than I intended it to be. He looked over at me with wide eyes as he paused the track he was playing. I couldn't lie, the song was good but some of the lyrics were questionable, well mostly the fact that I wasn't, and really haven't ever been blonde.

"Oh, god no!" He laughed at my concerned face. What's so funny? I mean some of the lyrics were hazy because of the audio quality in the recording but some of the lyrics were undeniably not about me. "The whole song is like, about me."