1.2 // Deep Red

a/n: this took me forever to write because I was vibing on the movements discord server, sorry for the late upload! Also probably not posting on Sunday, I work all day and have the assignment to finish, so expect something Monday or Tuesday!

anyways... enjoy for now...

Brighton, England

Awsten never came into my bunk, not that I really expected him to, just usually he would gravitate to sleeping in the same bunk as me. I woke up sweating, the heat cranked on the bus and the blanket over me much thicker than the one in Awsten's bunk. I pulled it off of me, picking up my phone to check the time. It was only 9 am, but from the sound of it, it sounded like no one was awake. I quietly hopped off my bunk, slowly walking towards the front of the bus trying not to make noise. 

When I woke up my throat hurt a lot more than it did the previous day, dry and scratchy that made me feel like absolute shit. I looked through the cabinets, finding a packet of Awsten's throat coat tea and popping it into one of the two mugs we had on the bus, filling it with water and putting it in the microwave, the only way to boil our water.

Regardless of how annoyed at me he was last night, he would've let me take some of his tea. He even offered it to me yesterday morning, but I denied it because I wasn't the biggest fan of tea and at that point I didn't feel as sick as I do now to drink it. As the water was heating up, I grabbed a banana from the cabinet, peeling it open and taking a bit before prematurely stopping the microwave to keep it from making any noise.

I took my mug to the table where I set my phone, the table that Awsten's computer was now free of. Sitting down I took out my phone and took another bite of the banana, looking through my twitter.

Halfway down my dashboard I saw a tweet from Awsten. 

"@awsten: I'M WRITING MUSIC FOR ME, FOR YOU, FOR US. SIT BACK AND ENJOY IT. BIG THINGS ARE COMING NOW GO TO FUCKING BED ITS PAST YOUR BEDTIME."

I didn't know what to think, yet a-fucking-gain. This felt like an indirect, but I know more than anyone to not take most of his tweets to heart. Instead of overthinking anymore, and making my headache worse, I just liked the tweet and scrolled past it.

A few minutes and a banana later, I was scrolling through Instagram when I heard someone hop off their bunk. Seconds later Geoff emerged from the hall, rubbing his eyes and giving me a small wave as he walked to the fridge.

"Hey," I croaked, taking a sip of my lukewarm tea as I watched him grab a water bottle and sit down next to me. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking a sip and crossing his legs that were covered in sweatpants. I shrugged, I didn't really know what to say. Well, I felt like shit because of my sickness, whatever that might be, but I also felt like shit because of last night. I didn't really know what I should tell Geoff, because if I said I felt like shit I knew he would act like a concerned dad. I thought for a moment, did I want dad Geoff or did I want clueless Geoff?