Ich Liebe Dich

Anna sighed heavily and tucked her dark brown hair up into her fashionable french hat. It had been nearly a week since their meeting with the Bulldog. Seven days of worry and near isolation. Waiting for what was to happen next. She and Gunter had been hidden away in the hotel while they awaited their orders.

Today was the day, they would be meeting the US agents. As they often did in times of stress, they sought solace in each other. Loving one another as if it were the last time they would be able to do so. Shedding their fear as they did their clothes.

Gunter fidgeted beside her his shoulders tense, even more so due to the snug fit of his borrowed jacket. Together they looked every inch the fashionable German couple, right down to the swastika pin at his coat lapel. He fingered it nervously. "I hate this." He said quietly.

"I know my love, but remember we must play the part." She chided gently as she expertly applied red lipstick to her lush lips. "Do you think your father will respond to your letter?"

Gunter frowned, "I dont know, part of me is afraid of what he will say. If he will hate me for what I have done. Then, if he does help us... will he be able to forgive my betrayal a second time?"

Anna came to him, placing her hands upon his now smooth cheeks. "Whatever happens you are my family, and I am yours."

Gunter smiled sadly, "He is still my father Anna... the thought of losing my parents, it's painful. But the thought of losing you, I would rather die."

"I love you." Anna whispered.

"I love you more." Gunter replied.