Marta and Anthony

Marta tossed her blonde curls over her shoulder as she exited the cafe. Anthony held the door for her and then fell into step beside her. She lightly took his arm and flashed him a smile.

"What did you think of them?" Anthony asked quietly, his hazel eyes questioning.

Marta sighed, "If his father isn't able to get him in.... he would be useless. He is far to unforgetable to assume another identity. Anna though, shes pretty enough. If we changed her hair and clothes she could be anyone."

Anthony clenched his jaw. Why did she see every other man except him?

Marta gave his arm a squeeze. "Of course we will have to find a way to infiltrate the same circles. Neither one of them has the training, honestly I think its little better than a suicide mission."

"I agree it's a bit unorthodox. But desperate times call for desperate measures." Anthony agreed.

"I'm glad you see it it that way now." Marta said quietly, her smile strained. "I see the way you look at me Anthony. I feel the same way. I just, I cant after what I've done." She took a deep breath as her chin quivered.

Anthony stopped suddenly jerking her arm roughly until they were facing one another on the sidewalk. Heedless to the people passing by he gripped her by her arms and forced her to meet his gaze. "None of that matters. I dont care. I love you Marta and nothing you could do would change how I feel."

Marta's face crumpled, as her resolve slipped. She melted into his embrace. Noticing for the first time how strong he was, how safe she felt on his arms. She looked up at him, her blue eyes wide with suprise and glistening with tears. "I can't." She whispered brokenly.

Anthony pulled her just a little closer, his eyes hardened, making him appear dangerous. "I'm not them." He bit out before releasing her.