5

Confessions

It's been a few days since I first moved here and let me tell you Bella has already had enough.

"He's been gone four days. If he's not here today that really only means he died." Bella says with a huff.

"Mhmm." I mumble not raising my eyes from my book.

"I'm gunna see what his problem is as soon as he gets back though. I didn't smell on my first day did i?" Yes actually, Beautifully.

"No of corse not. I wouldn't have stuck round you if you did." I say and she scoffs pushing me slightly and pouting when I don't move a tad.

At the wonderful scent of my mate and the scent of his family my vision finally raises from my book where I scan the parking lot to see their large truck entering and their Porsche following behind. Alice and Jasper step out the second one walking to meet with the couple.

"Are they together?" I ask wearily and don't miss how both their heads turn to me but I chose to ignore it and turn to Bella.

"No. I asked Jessica about it and she said that at the beginning people wondered that too but it was cleared up as them being best friends."

"That's good- I mean that's cool you know that I know some of the gossip and background behind people at this school other than you because you know I mean you know all the erm. Yeah." I ramble and instantly hide my face when I hear the teasing of Emmett to Jasper but I only hope he doesn't mention it in fear of not knowing if  I was in fact a vampire.

"You have a crushhhh."

"Oh please. I don't do crushes to many emotions." In actual fact over the past few days I couldn't stop thinking about Jasper as we talked more and more. I'm just blaming the mate pull though.

"Oh and god forbid someone has emotions towards you."

"It's better if they don't." I say sadly and Bella instantly picks up on the change in mood but I try to ignore it and smile " Anyway. You can't talk. I saw your face drop when Edward didn't step out either of those cars. Bella blushes and I cut off my breathing instantly to try calm my hunger.

"Im gunna head in I was suppose to talk to the music teacher." Bella goes to speak but I'm already gone rushing last groups of people.

___________

"Fay!" I stop dead in my tracks hearing the melodic southern voice.

"Jazz." I nod slightly letting out a sigh and closing the music room door. For the past four days their whole family, although lovely, had been trying to get me to give the last piece of evidence I was a vampire up so that they could mention it.

"Your eyes are darker than usual." I roll my eyes before looking up into his topaz eyes.

"Yup. Weather." He nods.

"Are you Ok?" No. No I'm not because the need to hunt a person and drink human blood is overpowering from not doing it for so long and I can't ask anyone for help because the only possibility is your family who are all animal eaters and would hate me.

"Peachy."  A frown etches on his face and after thinking slightly he whispers:

"Come with me?"

"Go with you? Where? The school day has just starte-"

"Just come" He grins as his hands reach my elbow and pulls me towards the door and I don't resist. I don't resist when his hand slides down my arm to hold my hand but glare slightly which tells him not to take it to far and so although jasper wanted to and has to restrain himself massively, didn't intertwine their fingers.

Ignoring the stares they got from everyone in the parking lot the two wander into the woods.

"Why did you want to skip today? And why with me?"

"All the people were making me stressed and I could tell you were in fact not 'peachy' plus weather you believe it or not you're good company."

"You don't know me." I shake my head at him also trying to keep my smile off my face.

"No. Your right Theodora-Fay I don't. Because you seem to close yourself off no matter who is trying to understand you." I sigh letting go of Jaspers hand and sitting on a rock where Jasper comes to stand in front of me.

"I'm not asking for your whole life story." Jasper mumbles before adding smugly "Not yet." I laugh lightly running a hand through my hair in frustration. "I'm just asking what's wrong darlin'?"  Taking a breath I try to explain in terms that don't tell him anything.

"I'm scared. I'm scared of hurting people because I'm so close to doing it and I don't want to."

"But why would you?" I questions stepping closer.

"I know what you are Jazz." I smile lopsidedly.

"And I You." I raise my brows.

"You sure about that?" He smirks and nods stepping closer again so that he's in between my legs while I stare up at him. God damn that smirk making me want to kiss him.

"I'd like to know more about it th-"

"Jasper." I rush out accidentally cutting him off, he smiles lightly though and replies:

"Yes?"

"I'm a vampire." He tried to get rid of his smile but fails before replying softy

"Okay."

"And I'm on the run." He frowns but nods and repeats:

"Okay."

"So I've never had friends. Or family. For a long time, and 30 years ago I came to the realisation that I didn't want to kill or feed on human blood so I um I stopped. Well I tried. Trying would actually be the correct term" I take I breath realising I'm beginning to ramble, "But it's eating me from the inside out and I don't know what to do and I don't want you or Rosalie" to whom I have grown very fond of these past couple of days "Or any of your family to hate me."

"They don't hate you Fay. They love you and this would only add to that actually." He laughs at the end.

"How would me wanting to eat everyone in the town make them like me more." I scoff.

"Because they'd think about how you could help me. They also love charity work so we are like presents." He chuckles shaking his head.

"I don't think I understand you Jazz. Stop speaking in riddles." I huff getting agitated.

"Your... blood issue. I have it too. Alice picked me up and she's been helping me get on the... vegetarian diet."

"Oh." Is all I manage to say at first, " OH! I'm sorry for springing this on you then oh god I'm sorry you've got enough issues you don't need to hear about how I have no people to help me get over my bloodlust or th-"

"That's not what I was saying Theodora!" He grips my shoulders

"Sorry." I squeak out.

"I want to help. I understand Fay and I want to help as long as you help me too?" His hands slide up to cup my cheeks.

"Ok." I giggle.

"Ok." He smiles before asking, "Now will you please tell me why I can't smell your scent or read your emotions because it's killing me!" I throw my head back with a laugh.