16

Baseball

"I know I know. I didn't come straight back but I completely forgot and as soon as I remembered I came right here." I say as soon as I enter the house where everyone is instantly there. Jasper comes and kisses me, placing his hands on the sides of my face and I giggle when he pulls away before play biting his nose causing him to grin widely and go to kiss my again but Emmett coughs loudly.

"Right. Well I need to go get ready real quick..." I say before speeding up the stairs into my room.

___________

"Bella!" I smile sliding out of Jaspers grip causing him to whine. He's gotten very possessive lately. I can hardly sit without him attaching his lips somewhere... again, not complaining. Giving Bella a quick hug and a smile Esme begins speaking;

"Good thing you're here. We need a umpire." Emmett from a distance shouts over:

"She thinks we cheat!" And I can sense his big smile.

"I know you cheat. And it's worse now, we have Theodora and we have recently learnt she will go to any means to win." I grin remembering when we tried to play chess, Esme turns to me and I force my smile to drop and act serious "no powers Theo. It's not fun on anyone." I laugh loudly remembering my manipulation on her during the game. Let's just say things got freaky

"Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella." She finishes walking away.

"I will not lose by any means!"

"You're on my team Theo!" I hear Edward shout and then Jasper begins complaining causing me to smile.

"Sorry baby." I kiss his cheek sweetly before going to ear and whispering, "I'm going to annihilate you." And walking away.

Once everyone had gotten into positions Alice throws the ball around in her hand until a loud rumple erupts from the sky.

"It's time." Just as another deep rumble of thunder appears Alice throws the ball towards Rosalie.

Rosalie, probably letting out a bit of angry, smashes the ball with our aluminium bat causing a crack to erupt sounding just like thunder, and then she's off!

Rosalie darts around the bases, probably almost a blur to Bella and Edward races
out into the forest a couple of seconds behind the ball before jumping up and grabbing it and spinning while falling to throwing it towards the home plate. Esme catches it and we all turn to Bella for the answer.

"out?" Bella says unsure and slightly afraid Rosalie. Esme nods and I cheer loudly as Rose throws her bat to the floor in a huff and Emmett tried to reason with her.
Carlisle is up next and hits it away from me, smart man... Edward and Emmett both jump for it causing them to collide into each other at maximum force that creates a sound of an avalanche before erupting into a fit of laughter as Edward throws the ball pathetically towards Esme which allows the Doctor to get the last base.

"You mother fucking pieces of shit." I race towards them hitting them both across the head and they pout. "If I need to kill you two to win don't think I ain't gunna do it."

Jaspers next and whacks the ball deep into the forest. Emmett attempts to get it but from my tiny stature I race ahead jumping up the trees to reach it quickly before throwing it back before he can even reach third base.

Jasper groans as I make my way back and shouts over,

"That was definitely personal!" And I laugh nodding,

"Couldn't let you think you were the best in this relationship!" We begin swapping and I pick up the bat with a grin.

"My turnnnnn." Alice gets ready to throw the ball but gasps and drops it suddenly. Edward takes a couple seconds before he's glued to Bella's side, instinctively Jasper comes and joins me.

"They're traveling so quickly-" Alice mutters and Rose buts in.

"You said they left the county-"

"Who did?" I ask

"They did, but then they heard us And changed their minds."

"Who did?" I growl and Emmett begins explaining I'd missed some unwanted vampires and I roll my eyes. Sure they tell me People's love life but they can't tell me this.

"Put your hair down-" Rosalie being on a roll interrupts again,

"Like that'll help. I could smell her from across the field." But Eddie just ignores her and attempts to arrange Bella's hair in a way that covers her scent.

"I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm so sorry." Bella doesn't get the chance to ask why when the entire Cullen family and myself turn towards a opening in the forest when sensing others. As the get nearer I begin noticing small things about the two males and woman, noticing how the dark man with dreadlocks is slightly in front insinuating they were the leader, noticing their bare feet and most prominently noticing their burgundy eyes that are the same colour as the outer lining of mine.

"I believe this belongs to you." The middle man speaks before tossing the ball to Carlisle who smiles politely muttering a Thankyou and the man grins.

"Could you use three more players?" I don't hear the response as I'm staring intensely on the red haired woman who watches my mate deeply and I let out a small growl making her smirk.

"I'm Laurent. This is Victoria. And James." Victoria is about to get my foot shoved up her arse. Sending my change in mood to anger Jasper shifts slightly so he's fully behind me and wraps his arms round my waist with his chin resting on top of my head. Laurent picks up the bat and turns swiftly of his heels causing a draft of wind to be blown our way which makes Bella's hair fly backwards.

James' head whips to look at her while she lurches into a crouch with his nostrils flaring and a excited look in his eyes makes me remember the craze of the hunt and I grip Jaspers arms that are around me and he tenses his to keep me in place.

"You brought a snack." James laughs and Edward springs in front of Bella baring his teeth and James just growls back.

"The girl is with us!" Carlisle shouts over them and Laurent, who I now notice is looking very uncomfortable says

"We won't harm her."

"I think it best if you leave." Carlisle suggests and Laurent nods.

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James?" James' eyes don't move from Bella and he attempts to advance but I swipe my hand out sending air to him which knocks him away into the field. He's up quickly coming extremely close to me with a growl and I would of attacked if Jasper hadn't pushed me back angrily gripping James at the neck and pushing him back as a warning

"James! Now." Laurent shouts and in a flash they've gone.

"Get Bella out of here. We'll follow them." Carlisle says and turns to myself and Rosalie. Jasper grabs my hand to keep me from going but I shrug him off,

"I'm not a fragile human Jazz. I'll be fine." He nods and then the three of us are gone leaving Jasper, Emmett, Alice and Esme while Edward heads to the car with Bella.