20

blood, pain and fire

My running only speeds when I hear a bloodcurdling scream erupt from Bella and soon enough I come flying through the doors of the ballet school. On one side there's a very angry Edward plodding him through the floorboards. My eyes quickly glide to Bella who's currently shaking in the ground, that's when her blood hits my senses. Despite the desire to drink her dry I rush over to her and place my hands over her arm where she's been bitten to try stop her bleeding out.

"Hey hey. It's ok bella. You'll be fine. Carlisle is on his way and he can help." She can feel my hands shaking and from one glance at my face  she can tell I'm struggling so she gives me a smile.

"You should go help Edward." I shake my head.

"Eddie boy can take care of himself."

"Go. Your better at fighting then being a nurse." I give her a small sad laugh and nod. Hearing fast running near by I'm quick to move away from Bella and rush to help Edward who had just been grabbed by James like a damned baseball bat and throws him into the mirror. Letting out an animalistic growl I charge at James pushing him into a pillar and slamming my teeth into his neck causing him to bawl out in pain. Gripping my waist he throws me across the room making me hit my head but I don't get time to think about it as he's quick to get to me and holds me down with his own weight. His hands go to my chin, pushing upwards. With widened eyes my hands go to his own neck where I try to do the same. He's flung off me and I turn to see Jasper fighting him. James, almost like he expected it, had a upper hand and had been quick to slam him into the ground. I let out a growl as Emmett and Alice come to side.

"He's done it now." Emmett half jokes and that's all I remember until I'm stood over James' burning body.

With excitement and power running through my veins I'm unable to stop myself from attempting to reach Bella when I hear Carlisle speak up,

"Her femoral artery's been severed. She's losing too much blood." I manage to slip though Alice and Rosalie only being stopped by Emmett.

"Hey! That's one of your best friends. You don't want this." Throwing him over my shoulder I only stop when seeing the two female siblings holding a crazed Jasper. Growling due to being annoyed at myself for caring I speed to Jasper's side taking his hand and then running away with him back to forks and into the woods just outside his home.

Neither of us talk, he sits on a fallen tree with my sat on his knee and my head resting on his shoulder, the only sounds heard being the birds and our heavy angry breathing that somehow seems to be calming. I don't know how long we were there but by the message I've just got from Rosalie I'm gathering it's a while.

Bella is in hospital. Her mother just got here. Edward is Sorry but he thinks it's best you don't come in, he's just worried for you and Bella. I'm proud of you and I'll see you soon because there's no way I'm staying in this shit hole for her.
- Rosalie xx

I laugh lightly at the end, sliding off my mates lap and show him the message. He smiles at me and brings me into his side.

"Thank you." He mutters and I look up at him confused.

"For what?"

"For getting me out of there. I know it's even more difficult for you." I shrug.

"Seeing you in pain was worse than my hunger." No one speaks up for a while before a idea pops into my head.

"Ya know... the house is empty and I doubt anyone will be home for a while..." I look over to Jasper shyly and see him with a blank face. Before I can say anything about forgetting what I said I'm picked up and rushed into the house. I laugh loudly wrapping my arms round him.

I'm sure no one will mind, think of it as celebrating bella's life.