6

Explanation

"So your a manipulator?" Alice asks with a spark of excitement. I nod puffing a air of smoke out my mouth before explaining;

"That's why you can't see my future-" I look towards Edward "-or read my mind but your giving me a headache trying too-" then I turn to Jasper "or read my emotions. Because I shut off my body and mind in case any of you had any gifts that would have gave me away but you guys are really persistent." Rosalie laughs lightly throwing her arm around my shoulder.

"Your important to us. We just wanted you to trust us." She whispered.

"I do trust you. All of you guys I just don't trust myself. And believe it or not I have commitment issues." I do a awkward laugh at the end taking my cigarette back to my mouth.

"Oh I believe it." I pout at her jokingly.

"Can we get back on the topic of her being a vampire now?" Edward says with confusion about how we ever fell off the said topic.

"Right sorry." I mumble looking around park that myself, the Cullen's kids and the Hale's have taken residence at before sighing;

"But it's not why you can't smell my scent. That is all this bad boy." I wiggle my ring up in the air at them and Alice grabs it going to slide it off but i pull back quickly;

"I Erm. I can let you read my mind and all that but I can't let my scent be found." Jasper who is sat next to me turns and asks;

"Because your hiding from someone?" I nod throwing my cigarette on the floor and crushing it.

"Who?" Emmett finally speaks up.

"Well, after I was turned in 1911 I disguised myself and joined the war a few years after where I trained the troops for a while until they decided they needed me in the actual battle." Speaking about the war seemed to have gained Jaspers attention even more which confused and surprised me so I made a mental note to ask about it later. "During that time I met Caius who had been sent to try get me to join the Volturi after hearing about my gift. I didn't want to. I fought Caius which was probably not the way to go about it because now Aro says that when he finds me if I don't want to join them Caius can kill me. And so - not being a huge fan of either - I ran." I finish my explanation and hide my face in a curtain of purple hair in fear.

"You'd be fine here. The Volturi don't tend to keep a close eye here because of Carlisle" Rosalie tries to comfort me.

"Carlisle?" I ask not lifting my head.

"Yeah he use to be part of the Volturi. Left when it began turning fucking dark." Emmitt says and I look up slightly and nod. A cold hand comes and pushes my hair behind my ear but I don't raise my vision still thinking about this beautiful family hating me. The same pale hand grips my chin and pushes my chin up, with a huff my eyes dart up and stare into the honey coloured eyes of my mate.

"No ones going to get you. No one is going to hurt you because I won't let them."

"Why?" I ask confused and he smiles;

"Because your my mate."

"Well I know that idiot." He rolls his eyes playfully "But you barely know me and I'm a monster Jasper you really don't want to get to know me."