17

Escape

I jump up onto Laurent's back flipping us and pinning him down on the Cullen's doorstop. Myself, Rose and Carlisle has been chasing the three vampires and split when they did. I followed Laurent. He attempts to move and be free but I hold my ground letting out a growl telling him to stop.

"We give you a chance to leave and instead you come running to our home. How stupid are you?" I ask and he stops struggling letting his face fall into a blank one.

"I just came to talk. To help, about James." Letting out a huff I get up slightly before bringing my fist across his jaw hearing him grunt and that's when I smile getting up and allowing him inside with my eyes keeping a close glare on his ever move as we wait for Carlisle to return.

_____________

"He came to warn us. About James." I mutter when Edward and Bella burst through the door with Jasper, Alice and Emmett following. The vampires back down slightly and Laurent turns to the adoptive father explaining again,

"I've grown tired of James' games. But he's got unparalleled senses. I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years" I snort, ha! He's old. "And the woman, Victoria, Don't underestimate her." A low growl erupt at the back of my throat with the mention of the Woman and I move over to Jasper who had the same idea as me and was walking over anyway.

Carlisle nods in a polite thanks and Laurent turns to Edward looking vaguely apologetic

"I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here." And then he's stalking out the room before disappearing into the woods.

"Sooo..." I begin once sick of the eerie tense silence, "baseball anyone?" I ask using my abilities and making it thunder slightly outside. Jasper shakes his head with a smile slightly embarrassed both by and for me placing his head in my neck and giving me a slight kiss.

______________

Sliding the side door open I grin at the many cars that appear as Esme flicks on the light.

"I didn't think I'd ever see heaven." I muse and Rose pushes me ahead with a chuckle.

"This isn't suppose to be fun." Edward mutters sliding past me and I roll my eyes,

"Humour and fake happiness is my coping mechanism to stress and fear. Leave me alone. You want to see me when I'm upset."

Once everyone is in the room they all spring to action, well, almost everyone. Myself and Rose perch ourself on the top of a counter and I beckon Jasper over. He places the phone from the table he was at in his pocked making his way over thinking something was wrong.
I smile at him and wrap my arm round his neck at a comfortable level because of being sat on a table and Jasper places his hands on my waist,

"What are you doing?" I ask and he sighs,

"Don't you ever listen? We're getting ready to leave somewhere. To help Bella?" I shake my head no,

"I don't wanna."

"I thought she was your friend."

"You might get hurt." I whisper, "if you die I'm going to kill you so hard." He chuckles sadly,

"I'll be fine. We are going to stick together from now on ok? No more leaving, no more worrying." I smile and nod giving him a light kiss.

Bella's POV

Looking over at Jasper and Theodora having a hushed conversation I smile when they kiss softly. I'm glad they found each other and my frown appears when thinking about the trouble I'm bringing and danger to Theo.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle speaks and I look away from the happy couple listening in.

"If he doesn't get to one of us first." Rose says wrapping a arm around Theo.

"I'm older and stronger than all of you why do you push the baby profile onto me!" Everyone ignores Theo though and I speak up after a silence.

"This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this not for me!"

"Oh goodie." Rose says with mock relief and Edward shoots her a look but says nothing, instead grabs two sets of keys and throws one of them at Carlisle.

Theodora's POV

"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away." I snort and he turns to me in question,

"Sure that will work. I haven't done much in a group before but even I know that's a stupid idea."

"the tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle explains my point.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper, Teddy and I will drive her south. I can see this that are coming and these two are the best in combat. I'll keep her safe, Edward."

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He asked her quietly after letting out a groan. With a nod to conceive this unspoken agreement Edward surrenders and I smile at Bella.

"Looks like your coming with us!" Edward gives me a look before pulling Bella's suitcase up and ripping her clothes out of it tossing them to Esme and Rose.

"Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent."

"Why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us." I pick up the jacket he had thrown at her and huff,

"You need to get shopping." I whisper to Bella who had moved over to me when Jasper moved to speak to Alice.

"Says you! All you were is short and oversized hoodies!"

"Ahhhh yes but aren't they cute?" I say and she shrugs. I must of missed something in the conversation as when I turn back round I see Rosalie putting the clothes on with huffs. I smile at her and she smiles back before I slide into the back of a black Porsche with Jasper as Alice climbs into the drivers seat while explaining in detail what will happen. I rest my head on Jasper shoulder tuning out Alice by looking at what was still going on outside the car.

Dr. Cullen squeezes Edwards shoulder slightly and gives it a pat before climbing into a SUV with Esme and a following Rose. Amongst this is Bella and Edward attempting to have a small moment and I smile at Edwards comment;

"You're my life now." Before the dangerous couple begin their tragic 'see ya later's'. I turn to Jasper who is listening intensely to Alice with a crinkle in his brow and I grin thinking about what Edward said and how it applies here. Because it does, Jaspers my life now, him and his family. Bella climbs into the passenger seat which is when Jasper turns to me and grins like a child reading my emotions. I just shake my head at him with a embarrassed smirk and lean back as we head out the garage.