7

Look who's back! It's the weirdo.

Stepping out my car with a smile on my face that I no longer have to focus to block out the Cullen family I bounce over to the entrance of the school when I see that Bella's truck is already here but she isn't next to it.

"You're ... happy?" I jump slightly as a hard shoulder brushes against my own and I turn to see a beautiful 165 year old teenager who only makes my smile broaden.

"I am indeed. What's with the questionable tone?"  I tilt my head slightly and a small smile begins to peak its way from the corner of Jaspers mouth.

"I can't read you properly. There's... too much."

"I feel special." I giggle. Why am I so happy today. Maybe I'm unwell... wait that's not possible.

"You should." We walk in silence to my locker and I try to ignore the stares from the entire school.

When reaching my locker I begin placing the code in while Jasper leans his shoulder against the locker to my left with a thoughtful expression plastered on his face.

"Something bothering you Jazz?"

"You're wrong. I hope you know that." He instantly blurts out and I raise a brow at him while pulling my biology book out my locker.

"About what?"

"Not being worth my time." He says calmly and my eyes widen ever so slightly.

"Where did you hear me say that?" I demand.

"Well- I.  I was watching you at the diner last night." He says looking down like an ashamed child being scolded.

"Why?!" I burst out in a flustered tone.

"Because you had just told me you were being looked for by the Volturi and I didn't exactly want my mate to be taken." His head shoots back up and his flamed eyes join mine.

"Jasper if the Volturi we're coming I'm sure Alice would have seen them. Plus I haven't done anything that would get their attent- this isn't about the Volturi is it? No you were at that diner because you thought I was going to feed on people." I realise and turn my look into a glare. He scans the room probably looking for a way out of this conversation before speaking:

"Y-you hadn't eaten in days and I was just there in case-" he began, stuttering as he did.

"In case I murdered everyone?"

"No! Just if the bloodlust got overwhelming and you didn't know what to do I was just going to help." He attempt to reach out and grab my arm but I pull away and slam my locker shut.

"I have to go find Bella..." I mutter before spinning on my heals causing my long hair to swirl before I take off down the hall.

I wasn't worried that he heard what I said. I wasn't angry he was there and recognised my struggle. I was scared that he cared enough to do those things and wanted to help. I was scared I would let someone who seemed to give a damn down.

"Whoa Theo what has you on a rampage walk?" I turn to see Mike rushing to catch up with me and sigh.

"Nothing Mike. What's up?"