day forty eight

Jennie

Jennie thanked the barman as she took her tenth shot of the night, drowning the liquor all at once, the liquid already burning in her throat. Everything around her was spinning. She was wasted, to say the least, but the world felt a little bit less awful now that she was too drunk to remember her own name. However, she wasn't able to forget Lisa, her angelic face haunting every single one of her thoughts.

Everything had went downhill for the brunette, all of her past insecurities coming back at her, with the horrible feeling of anguish and loneliness. She thought it couldn't get worse, that the few people left in her life would end up leaving, like everyone else. She started to believe that her ex boyfriend -as horrible as he was- was all she deserved, if she was even worthy enough.

She was all alone.

At least, that was until she felt a hand on her shoulder, and a girl with long, blond hair, standing right behind her, a worried look darkening her face.

Jennie thought she was dreaming, the alcohol had had reason of her. She couldn't be here, why would she ?

But when the girl took her hand, dragging her outside the bar, saying things that she didn't understand with a so sweet voice.

She realized it was real. Too real.

Lisa was there, taking care of her, as she had always done until the incident.

She should have stopped her, should have talked to her, should have explained, apologized. She should have done something, anything. But she was way too wasted to do any of this. So she just followed the girl, going in her car without protesting.

And then, she passed out.

Lisa

Lisa was crazy. She shouldn't do that. She should have just let her there, she wasn't responsible of her. But her heart broke when she saw the girl, the one she wasn't able to forget, by herself, completely wasted, with a few men already starting to try and get to her.

She just took her hand, trying to talk to her, saying it was going to be okay. But the girl didn't answer, she was way too gone for that. So Lisa just dragged her in her car, intending to bring her in her dorm. Barely a few seconds later Jennie had fell asleep, already snorting loudly. Lisa couldn't help but laugh at the cuteness of the girl, even in her current state, she was adorable.

With all of her strength -which was not that much, not to carry a drunk, passed out Jennie, at least- She carried the brunette in her room, trying to get her in her bed without invading her privacy. But as she did so, she felt her hand wrapped around her own wrist, and heard a soft whimper.

"Lili, don't go"

She sighed deeply. She hoped she could just get away, without having to talk to her. The girl's words had hurt her more than a sharp knife, but even after that, she didn't hate her. She couldn't bring herself to.

"Lisa.. Please"

"I have to Jen" She answered, her voice colder than ice.

"I just.. am sorry, lili" She was stuttering, her voice so low Lisa barely caught it, but she did, and she felt her heart shattering at the words.

"Just go to sleep, Jennie" She whispered.

"Mh kay" Jennie closed her eyes, finally letting go of Lisa's arm. But just when the latter was about to leave, the brunette's voice stopped her in her motion. "You and Seulgi look good by the way, I'm happy for you" Her sentence was barely audible and punctuated with hiccups, but Lisa perfectly caught the sadness in her voice.

"Jen, I..." She should tell her. She should, right? But why was it so difficult, why was the answer caught in her throat like this?

"Y-You don't have to answer... I... know you hate me" This time, it wasn't the alcohol that made Jennie's voice shake like this. The younger girl heard the muted sobs. It was so painful to hear, she didn't know what to do.

"I don't hate you Jennie. I couldn't even if I wanted to." She paused for a few seconds, taking a deep breath. "Goodnight, nini."

And she left her, trying so hard to ignore the cries, she felt like her heart was being ripped off her chest.

She left, she closed the door behind her. She had to leave her definitely. She had to move on. She had to try.

But she could not.