day fifty eight (3)

To say that Jennie was surprised would be an understatement. She expected Lisa to take her to a bar, or to a fair, or anywhere really, anywhere but a fancy restaurant. Yet, there they were, sitting across each other, reading the menus that were handed to them a few minutes ago with the so expensive courses. Jennie had never imagined Lisa to be the romantic type, but it was rather a good surprise.

"Do you like it ?" Lisa asked once they ordered their meals. "The restaurant, I mean. I had a hard time picking it, didn't really know what you liked" She scratched the back of her head, her cheeks were all flushed.

"I love it lili" Jennie put her hand on Lisa's, earning a warm smile from the younger.

"Great" She paused for a few seconds. "I'm not gonna lie though I kinda feel out of place here"

"Honestly, me too" Jennie admitted with a small chuckle. "But it's nice"

The first hour went well, the two girls talked a lot liked they used to. Though, a weird atmosphere prevailed between them, maybe it was because of the formality of the date, or because both of the girl knew that at the end of the evening, they would either be finally together, or back to their awkward state of 'what the hell are we?', only even worse.

The thought made Jennie shiver. Gosh, how she wishes that they could finally sort everything out. That for once things will be easy enough.

"Jen, are you still there ?" Lisa asked, making Jennie snap away from her thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry, I was only thinking." She answered with a faint smile, and Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, putting her knife and fork down.

"about what, how hot I am?" She asked with a serious tone, making Jennie laugh.

"Maybe" She smiled at Lisa, and the latter only chuckled "No, seriously, just thinking about this date. You know, I'm just a bit nervous, I'm kinda new to this" She admitted. They said they would be honest to each other, so she had to tell her. She wanted to avoid every possible disaster.

"Yeah, I can see that" Lisa laughed.

what?

Jennie shook her head "What do you mean?" she had said it with a colder tone than she intended, making the younger girl stopping her laughs.

"Oh, I didn't mean to offend you, jen" she added with a serious face.

"It's fine Lis, I'm not offended at all" She answered, never breaking the eye contact with Lisa. "But seriously, what did you mean? Did I do something wrong?"

Lisa couldn't hold Jennie's gaze. "Uh, no, not at all. You are just a bit reserved, I guess? But it's normal, it's our first date"

Jennie let out a low chuckle. She shouldn't get offended by it, really. It was the truth, and Lisa didn't mean to hurt her. But she couldn't hold what left her mouth next. "Yeah, unlike you, you are used to dates i got that, how many was it? ten? or more?"

Lisa's eyes widened, and Jennie immediately regretted saying the last sentence. Fuck honesty.

"I'm sorry?" Lisa said, her tone colder than ice. Oh, so she was mad. "Well, excuse me for living my life, and trying to spend it with people I care about and who care about me, Jennie. I'm sorry if you can't relate to that"

Jennie gasped.

That hurt. That hurt a lot.

"How.. How could you say that, Lisa?"

Lisa stared at the ground, avoiding Jennie's gaze.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I..." She said with her voice shaking.

"I'll just... I'll just go out for a while. I'll be back" Jennie said before standing up and heading outside, without minding the taller girl trying to hold her back.

She just didn't want to cry in front of her.

Well, that escalated quickly...
Don't forget to leave comments guys, I really care about what you guys think of this story and it helps me getting better!
thank you for still reading, lyyy x