day fifty

rubyjane
Hi

lalalalisa
hey

rubyjane
Are you free right now ? I think we need to talk
I mean, only if you want to, of course

lalalalisa
uh yeah sure, when and where do you want to meet up?

rubyjane
in an hour ? And do you remember that café I brought you to?

lalalalisa
yeah

rubyjane
let's meet up there then

lalalalisa
okay, I'll be there

rubyjane
Great, see you

°*°

Jennie was sitting alone in the café, waiting for Lisa to arrive. She was completely terrified, she knew it was her only chance to be forgiven by her, and she didn't know what she would do if Lisa refused to see her again. She would probably lost her mind.

The sight of a tall, blonde girl walking in made her snap away from her thoughts, anxiety rising in her chest. Breath jen, breath.

"Hi" Jennie quickly got up, giving the girl a warm smile, but only getting a small, sad one in return.

"Hey" Lisa answered, and they bot sat up. The atmosphere colder than ice.

Jennie took a deep breath, the café was almost empty because of the late hour, making it completely silent. She looked at Lisa, trying to steady her breathing, before finally starting to explain everything.

"I just... I know I said it before, but I want to apologize properly, Lisa" The blonde nodded, listening carefully. "I'm bad with dealing with my feelings, like, really bad" Jennie laughed nervously, keeping her head low to avoid the younger girl's gaze. "And, hum, when I started to develop feelings for you, well, it scared me. So I pushed you away. And, now I just regret everything so much, because I was a real dick to you, and I hurt you, and I feel so fucking bad because of it. So I'm sorry, lili, I'm so, so sorry."

Jennie didn't notice she was crying until she felt Lisa's thumb on her cheeks, collecting a tear. She couldn't look up, she was way too scared to see Lisa's reaction, the latter taking way too much time to answer.

"I forgive you, Jen." She said after a while.

She didn't develop, didn't say anything else. Just I forgive you, but it meant the world for Jennie.

The brunette finally looked at Lisa, her eyes were teary as well, and she had a sad smile plastered on her face. Jennie saw the dark circles underneath her eyes, she didn't notice them earlier, and she started to wonder if she was the cause of it. She started to wonder if she had affected Lisa as much as Lisa had affected her.

"Thanks" She let out, almost in a whisper.

The tension between them was thick, so thick, that after a few seconds of being completely silent, staring into each-other eyes with tears threatening to fall, they both started to explode in laughing, for some reasons that they couldn't even explain.

"we look so pathetic right now" Lisa said and Jennie nodded. They sure did. "I missed you, jen." The brunette smiled.

"I missed you too"

A few minutes later, they were both sipping their coffee, while chatting about anything that came into their mind. Sure, it didn't feel as natural as before, there was still a weird vibe between the two of them, but it was a start, and Jennie was willing to do anything to have Lisa back.