day ninety

Lisa just came home from college, her day had been exhausting, and she couldn't wait to just lay in bed and do absolutely nothing. She was expecting to see the brunette there, and she smiled at the thought of the two of them cuddling until they fell asleep, Lisa liked their routine way more than she liked to admit.

But when the blonde opened the door of her appartement, the sight that greeted her was not one she expected to see at all.

The whole room was only enlightened by candles while some jazz music was playing. Jennie was too busy pouring two glasses of red wine to even notice that Lisa was here. The latter cleared her throat to catch her attention, wondering what occasion she could have missed.

Jennie turned around, a wide smile appearing on her lips as soon as she saw Lisa. "Happy monthsary babe" she said with a joyful tone, and Lisa mentally slapped herself.

Shit. It has already been one month.

Lisa knew she should tell her right now, she had been busy with school and she forgot about it but she would make it up to her tomorrow. It was the best thing to do, what she should have said. But instead, she just smiled back at the brunette and answered "happy monthsary baby" before giving the older girl a quick peck on the lips, hoping that she won't notice anything.

"you looks surprised" the older girl noted while handling the blonde a glass of wine.

"I.. I guess I wasn't expecting you to do that" Lisa answered, feeling more and more guilty for lying to her girlfriend.

"Yeah, well, I'm unpredictable" Jennie winked -well, attempted to- before chuckling lightly, making Lisa's heart race in her chest "now go sit, I know you're tired because of college, so let's just relax, okay?"

"okay" Lisa hummed, sitting down on the chair while Jennie went back to the kitchen, finishing whatever she was preparing for the special occasion.

Truth be told, Lisa was scared to see what it was, Jennie wasn't exactly the best cook ever (not that she could tell her that, since she was way worse herself), and she knew how much the brunette liked to experiment.

Well, at least if she died from food poisoning Jennie wouldn't know she forgot their monthsary, so it wasn't that bad.

Actually, it wasn't bad at all, and Lisa started to strongly hope that her girlfriend had went wild with her cooking and would kill her on the spot, that was a good plan.

But when Jennie went back to the room with a big plate of pasta, probably the only thing that she could cook properly, the blonde understood that she would have to tell her soon, if she didn't want her to find that out herself.

Lisa knew how much the brunette cared about those kind of thing, and disappointing her was the last thing she wanted to do.

So as soon as Jennie sat down, already serving the pastas to Lisa, the latter cleared her throat before starting slowly, "Jen, baby.."

The older girl looked up, meeting her gaze, making the blonde gulp loudly.

"I kind of have something to tell you"

"Oh wait let me go first!" Jennie said excitingly

Oh no there she goes.

"S-Sure, go ahead"  She said with a faint smile, getting ready to hear whatever she had to say that would make her feel even guiltier.

The brunette took a deep breath before speaking, "So, I'm not exactly the best at expressing my feelings or anything, but I just want to say how much I love you. Properly, I mean. You just.. you helped me in so many ways, Lisa. And I'm so, so grateful to have you by my side. So yeah, I bought you that, I hope you'll like it" She said, before taking out a little box. Lisa only wanted to die, Jennie was the purest person alive and she definitely didn't deserve her. The brunette opened the box, revealing a golden necklace with the letter J. "I have one with an L, so if we ever break up- and I hope we don't but- if we ever do, we can just switch them and not waste any money" The brunette laughed before putting the necklace on Lisa, the latter couldn't contain the small grin that appeared on her face. She was just way too cute. She quickly came back to earth though, not forgetting that she had absolutely nothing to give to her in return. Jennie's eyes were sparkling, she looked so happy right now and Lisa thought about the best way possible to not break her heart.

"Jennie, I..." She started slowly, closing her eyes She couldn't look at her.

"You don't like it?" The girl asked, suddenly sounding insecure.

"No! not at all, I love it nini, I really do, it's just..."

Jennie's smile came back immediately "I know you forgot about today, Lis" She cut her off, and Lisa shot her eyes open at that.

"you.. you do?" The blonde had never felt worst than it that moment, but Jennie was still smiling, confusing her more than anything.

"I'm not dumb, Lisa, I knew the second you walked in" The brunette chuckled.

"I'm sorry Jennie, I swear I-"

"it's okay Lis" The older girl cut her off once again. "It's just a month, and I know you've been busy with school, I don't mind, really." Lisa thought for a second that she was saying that only to make her feel better, and that she didn't think that way at all, but seeing her signature gummy smile reassured her. Jennie really was an angel.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise" Lisa answered with a small smile, still feeling guilty.

"I hope so" The brunette laughed. "Now eat before it's cold"

And Lisa did, finally feeling better after coming clean.

She loved Jennie so much.

Though, the second the food made contact with her tongue, she almost threw up.

So it was possible for her to mess up pastas, after all.

Lisa didn't let it show, swallowing everything painfully and smiling at her girlfriend.

She at least owed her that.

And, even if spending more months with Jennie meant more disgusting food, she was willing to stay with her as long as possible.

She wanted to spend forever with her, even. She was ready to do anything it took to make her happy.
Because Lisa loved Jennie, and she knew despite everything, Jennie loved her too.

weeew i don't know if i like that chapter or not tbh, but it's one of the last.
(So yeah, Everyday is almost over,,)
I hope you liked it anyway,, please tell me what you thought about it!