Chapter 5

"Rose did you get table five?" I asked as I cleared off my own table after my customer's left. It had been two days living with Louis. I still hadn't told Rose what was going on but I planned to. Tuesday was used for training. Louis brought us in and ran us through how the cafe would work and then the club. Our roles were to essentially be shot girls to VIP clients during club hours. Now, we were working our first day at the District Cafe. The other employees seemed nice, but quiet. They didn't talk to us much yet.

"No, can you grab them?" Rose asked, clearing off her own table. I moved to the newly seated customers and ran through my introduction before taking their orders. Who knew this place had a line for the cafe too? Louis was perched in the VIP area a floor above, watching us from the balcony. After delivering the table's order, I finished clearing off a few more tables before going back to the kitchen. The kitchen was a place to breath when any downtime was found. It was also away from Louis' watchful eyes.

"Soo hows the new place? Do you like it? Where is it?" Rose asked as she saw me. She was too excited for her own good. Between moving out of my old place and training for work, we hardly had a chance to catch up. I sighed as I leaned against the counter.

"I live two floors above us, and I have a roommate," I admitted sullenly.

"Really? Who?" She asked curiously.

"Megan, where did you go?" I heard Louis' voice call. I sighed and pushed off of the counter.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," I muttered to myself. My choice of words made me crack a smile.

Lunatic.

"I'm over here, Luci," I said jokingly.

"Who's Luci?" Rose asked confused.

"My roommate," I answered. Louis walked up, dressed in a full suit and his hands in his pockets.

"There you are. What are you thinking right now?" He asked. It was becoming quite common for him to ask me that since he apparently couldn't figure me out.

"We were just talking about my new living arrangement, Luci," I said sarcastically, knowing Rose would put two and two together.

"Wait a minute... Louis Iso? You're living with Louis Iso?" Rose asked. I rolled my eyes.

"He tricked me. I didn't know until I was already there," I admitted.

"Now, now, you never asked," he clarified. "Anyway, I was going to tell you, if you clear the table as the patrons are finishing each dish, the clean up will be easier and you'll be able to turn over tables a lot faster," Louis offered. I nodded before he left. Rose snapped in from of me and grabbed my arms.

"You're living with Louis? When we're you going to tell me?! And what's with the Luci thing?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"After he gets his club situated, he won't be here that often, or so he says. So technically, we're not really living together. And the Luci thing is a long story," I answered her questions. "We should get back out there," I changed the subject.

"Megan-" Rose called after me. I ignored her and went to tend to the customers. I tried staying as busy as I could until it was time to switch over for the club.

"What are you thinking?" I heard from behind me as I helped move the tables off of the floor.

"I'm thinking that you shadowing me like this is causing animosity between your employees, and these tables are heavy," I answered, knowing very well who asked. Louis moves to take the table from me but I stopped him.

"Do that, and you'll only make it worse. They already think I'm getting special treatment from you," I explained. He shrugged.

"So what? Why is it any of their business?" He asked, not getting the point. I sighed and left the table alone for a moment to turn to him.

"Because they're your employees and it'll cause suspicion, jealousy, and resentment. And after you leave, I'll have a hard time," I answered. He thought for a moment before he walked away. I was naive to think that he got my point.

"Alright everyone, gather up!" He said. Everyone stopped what they were doing and huddled around Louis as he stood on a table. What was this crazy man thinking?

"I know some of you have noticed my... attention to Megan," he started.

Oh no.

"The truth is: she's my girlfriend. And I don't want to hear anyone badmouthing her or giving her a hard time because of it. If you do, you'll be fired on the spot. Do I make myself clear?" He announced. I stared at him in disbelief. Who did this guy think he was?! It was dead silent for a moment before a murmur starting in the crowd. I stepped forward and grabbed Louis' arm. I knew I couldn't really force Louis to move but he followed me anyway. I dragged him off to the elevator and pulled him inside.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled at him as the elevator started moving up to the loft. Louis didn't look worried at all.

"I had to explain my extra attention somehow," he shrugged. The elevator dinged and let us off on the loft floor. I was pacing in the living room, I was so mad.

"So that's your solution? We're not actually dating!" I yelled. He scoffed and sat on the couch easily.

"You're lucky this place is soundproof. I know that, but it was the only way to protect you," he explained.

"Or you could've just not paid me any attention and things would've gone normal," I countered.

"That wouldn't happen. You're so interesting," he smirked. "Don't worry. You want to be an actress right? So act," he said before he stood up. I could only stare at him in shock. "Are we done here? We have to go back and get ready to open," he said.

"You... you're incomprehensible. This conversation isn't over," I said before heading back to the elevator with Louis on my heels.

"Don't worry. I'll be acting my part as well," he said before the doors opened to the base floor. I stomped off. I know it was childish, but I was just so angry. I went to the girls' locker room to change.