Chapter 34

The next week, I put all my attention into taking care of Amelia. If it wasn't for Luci and Michael I would've been exhausted. After that week, I decided to go back to visit the club with Luci while Michael watched Amelia. We went during the far while the café was still open. Luci led me through the door by my hand. As soon as they spotted me, Sarah and Rose set down their things and rushed over to hug me.

"Megan! We were so worried about you! We haven't seen you in so long. How are you? How was the hospital?" Rose blubbered. She was actually crying as she hugged me and it made me tear up too.

"It was scary. I actually hemorrhaged and died for a while, but I'm back now," I said honestly. She pulled back and looked me over in shock.

"You died?" She repeated. Luci pulled my hand up to kiss it. I could feel that he was still sad about that. I squeezed his hand in mine gently.

"Only for a little bit. I'm more than fine now," I assured all three of them.

"How's the little one? I saw her briefly on a gossip site," Sarah asked.

"She's good! Millie's back at the house with Michael. You two still need to come visit," I replied. Rose got excited.

"We're off tomorrow," she agreed.

"Are you going to start performing again?" Sarah asked. I hummed thoughtfully before I shrugged.

"I'm not sure yet. We have Millie and Michael will be going back home soon," I said. Luci put an arm around my waist as he smiled at my two friends.

"For now, your tables are waiting," he said politely. They both glanced behind them before apologizing to Luci and getting back to work. I sighed before I turned to look at him.

"It's nice to be back," I said with a small smile. Luci kisses my head gently.

"They missed you a lot," he said softly. We went through the building, saying hi to everyone before we went to Luci's office. I sat in a chair quietly as he worked.

"Have you thought about who you'd like to invite to perform here next?" Luci asked. I smiled as I nodded.

"I want to go do some talent scouting and pull names that people have never heard of. You gave me a chance once. I want to give that chance to someone else," I said. He looked up from his paperwork to smile at me lovingly.

"I think that's a great idea," he agreed. "Also, we need to start your Nephilim training. So far, we haven't done anything with that, but we'll need to start soon before it causes trouble," he added.

After we finished at the District, we went back home. The sun was just starting to set. The closer we got, the more I missed Amelia. I practically ran inside when the car was parked. Michael was sitting on the couch with Amelia sleeping peacefully in his arms. He smiled when he saw us.

"She was good today. She slept for most of the time, but she's getting more and more aware by the day," he reported as he transferred her to my arms.

"Thanks Michael," I said quietly and my body started rocking her automatically. Luci and Michael talked amongst each other while I went to put Amelia down in her crib. When I came back downstairs, they both looked at me expectantly.

"Let's start your training," Luci smirked at me. They both looked like they were up to no good.

"You're not going to throw me off the roof or anything, right?" I asked nervously. They laughed before dragging me out to the backyard.

"But Millie-"

"I have her baby monitor right here. Don't worry," Luci assured me. The first thing I had to focus on was bringing out my wings. It was a hard concept to grasp.

"Just think of calling them out, like a butler at your call," Luci tried to explain again. I focused all of my energy and thoughts on calling out my wings. I let out a small whimper as I felt something rip through my back. It made me drop to my knees as my eyes watered. I painted slightly.

"It's hurts the first time for Nephilims. We didn't tell you because it would've prolonged the process. Are you okay?" Michael asked as he knelt next to me and touched my shoulder gently.

"It won't leave a scar or anything," Luci said quickly. I took a breath as I looked to my side and saw the tip of my stark white wings.

"That's not what I'm worried about right now," I sighed. After a moment, I tried to stand up. Michael helped by holding on to my arm.

"Are you okay?" He asked again. I nodded.

"The pain took me by surprise at first, but I'm okay now," I said. Truthfully, there was a lingering burn on my back, but I wasn't going to mention that now.

"Try calling them back into hiding," Michael urged. Putting them back was a lot easier. It only took me a few minutes. I leaned on Michael heavily. I was already exhausted. Amelia's cry kickstarted on the baby monitor just then.

"I got her. Let's stop here for now," Luci said as he stood. He placed a kiss on my head before he went inside. Michael helped me inside and laid me on the couch on my stomach. He disappeared for a moment before coming back with ice to put on my back. He knelt near my head before he moved my hair out of my face.

"Thanks," I smiled gently.

"I'm sure it's wrong for me to like you this much," he said absentmindedly.

"Michael..." I started as I tried to sit up. He stopped me and made me lay back down.

"I know, I didn't say that for you to respond. I said so just because. Don't think about it too much. I know you have Luci, and I don't plan on trying to ruin that," he explained. I couldn't help myself: I pitied Michael. Something as simple as love was so out of his reach because of who he was. I could be with Luci because he did whatever he wanted. It was expected of him. Michael didn't have that freedom. I touched his cheek gently.

"Don't pity me. I'm okay, really. I'm fine just watching over you and Amelia like this," he assured me as he took my hand off of his cheek and held it in his hand.

"Millie's back to sleep," Luci said as he came down the stairs. Michael let go of my hand before he stood. Luci came into the living room and looked at the scene before him.

"Does your back hurt that much?" Luci asked, worried. I shook my head and sat up.

"I'm fine," I lied.